Home

how to change mp skins to sp, more than once

kmd

hey i know to get a mp modle skin what have you, and make it sp, by going into the pk3, exstracting the modle.glm file and the modle_default_skin, then put them on my desktop, change the name of the file, from ep1_obi to say, desann, and make it to a pk3, and put it in my base folder...but, it only works once, when i put the "models" pk3 i made in, it changes that charitor, but if i want to change more than one, like desann and alora, i cant, i do the same thing again, change the name to alora with say, and i have to rename the file models2, becuase i cant have two models pk3s in the same place....but when i spawn alora, she is still alora and not say, darth maul, but then i spawn desann and sure enough, he still is obi! how can i get more than one change?

Originally posted by kmd

hey i know to get a mp modle skin what have you, and make it sp, by going into the pk3, exstracting the modle.glm file and the modle_default_skin, then put them on my desktop, change the name of the file, from ep1_obi to say, desann, and make it to a pk3, and put it in my base folder...but, it only works once, when i put the "models" pk3 i made in, it changes that charitor, but if i want to change more than one, like desann and alora, i cant, i do the same thing again, change the name to alora with say, and i have to rename the file models2, becuase i cant have two models pk3s in the same place....but when i spawn alora, she is still alora and not say, darth maul, but then i spawn desann and sure enough, he still is obi! how can i get more than one change?

I'm not really sure what you are saying here, but to get different models, all they need is to be in different model directories. If you want to replace models in the game, you can simpley use the same diretory names

e.g.

models/players/desann

or you can make new .npc files for those characters. So copy those files and change the playermodel value to whatever your new directory is.

models/players/alora

what i am saying is, modles that people make for mp, like say, dark kyle, i want to replace the sp kyle with that modle, but its only mp, i make it sp buy opening the pk3 dark kyle, and getting out the model_default_skin and the modle.glm, and exstract those to my desktop, that creats on my desktop a folder like this

"models" i open it up and it has another folder

"players" i open that up and it has

"dark kyle" or whatever the name of the mp modle is, then open that up and you got your default skin file and .glm file, so all i need to do now is.....rename the folder "dark kyle" to whatever player i want it to replace, since i hate sp kyles cloths, i rename it to, "kyle" then i use winzip, make it into a pk3, and put it in my "base" folder......

then when i play sp, spawn kyle, he is changed to the modle i wanted him to be, nolong in bantha herder clothes! but say if i want to change more than just kyle, if i think Alora sux, and i want to change her to, darth maul, i do the same thing, cept instead of having "models" i have to change the name to "models2" becuase if i dont, the game wont let me have two pk3' that are named the same, so when i change the name, and make the alora pk3, named "models2" drop it into my base folder, spawn alora, it is still alora, not darth maul, i want to know if there is any way i can have more than one change

Archived