Home

Galak bot not working.

Strideur

Does anyone know how to spawn the Galak bot manually? I'm trying to write a .cfg so I can remotely add bots to my server, but for some reason this one won't work.

It says the bot is unspecified or something. I'm using

addbot Galak 5 red 0 "Galak" (or whatever order the variables are in)

I've tried many spellings of his name and he just won't show. All the other bots work fine. He'll show up by himself sometimes if I add random bots, but not on command?:confused:

It seems like any bots with 2 word names won't work. I've tried Galak Fyarr, but it only takes the first word. Also tried GalakFyarr and many variations on capitalization. This is most strange.

Lannik Racto, New Reborn and Reborn Master also don't work. They work fine on a listen server, because you can add them from the "esc" menu, but they don't seem to work manually on a dedicated.

I wondered what was up.. I've been using a modified bots pk3 file that puts their names as Galakk_Fyarr etc (using underscores intead of spaces) and adds a Lando bot among other things (and gives Chewie his own bot).

I took the bot files used in JediX and added some more custom dialouge to them and that's what I use now on my server.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

The two-word names must be within quotation marks. addbot "Galak Fyarr"

works perfectly.

Wow, thanks a lot. I never tried that.

Cheers.

Also Kurgan, if these bots are "better" than the standard ones, can you tell me where I might get a hold of them?:cool:

It's easy and fun to customize bots. My bots still fool a lot of people into thinking they are real people- players talk to them, ask them questions, give them instructions, and flirt with the female ones ("hey Princess, how old ru?"). Once the improved bot routes are available and they don't act so stupidly, they will be even more realistic.

First read the tutorial at the bottom of this thread:

http://www.jediservers.com/forums/thread-view.asp?threadid=23&posts=20

so you understand what you are modifying. I customize my bots by editing their .jkb files. If you aren't comfortable with that, download this utility to make it easier:

http://www.geocities.com/jkoholocron/utility.html

It's not a good idea to modify your original assets?.pk3 files, and it's not necessary.

I didn't really want to do a bot tutorial *sigh*, but here is the short version: open assets1.pk3 and extract bots.txt and all the *.jkb files in the botfiles\ folder. These will be the templates for your custom bots. The bots.txt file lists each bot's name, model it uses, type of lightsaber(s), hilts, and blade colors (you can also have the bot use no lightsaber by assigning "none" to saber1 and saber2), and the bot's personality (.jkb) file. It's best to use short simple names for the bots because that way it's easier to add them with the addbot command. If you want them to have funny, colored, or more human-player-like names, add the variable funname and that name will be the one used in the game. Here are sample listings:

{

name cultist

funname "^1DiviSion^7|^4ZerO"

model cultist

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_9"

saber2 "none"

personality /botfiles/Lightningbot.jkb

}

{

name lannik

funname "^4K^7enshi^4N"

model human_merc

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_8"

saber2 "single_8"

personality /botfiles/Gripbot.jkb

}

{

name jawa

funname "^7PooperScooper"

model jawa

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "dual_3"

saber2 "none"

personality /botfiles/Lukebot.jkb

}

The first bot has a single saber with a 9 hilt, the second has duel sabers with the 8 hilts, and the third has a saber staff with the 3 hilt. The first two also have names with colors in them, the last one has a plain white name. The first uses the cultist model, the second the human_merc model, and the last the jawa model.

The first bot uses a personality file with Dark Forces favoring Lightning, the second favors Grip, and the third is a Light Side bot based on a modified Luke personality file. Create or modify the .jkb personality files as I referenced in my earlier post. Several bots can share the same personality file, or you can make a separate personality for each bot. For simplicity, I think it's fine to make a couple of Dark Side and a couple of Light Side personality files and have several bots share them. You can make a few more individual personality files if you want certain bots to have distinctive chat. My Jan and Tavion bots have their own individual .jkb files.

Put all the files in a botfiles folder and then zip it with WinZip, naming it custombots.zip or whatever. Then change the name of the file to custombots.pk3 and put the file in your GameData\Base folder, and enjoy!

Also Kurgan, if these bots are "better" than the standard ones, can you tell me where I might get a hold of them?

If you ever want the "improved bots" I'm using, just connect to my server and the file(s) should autodownload (just be patient!).

See the IP in my sig.. and if you decide you don't like them, just remove the pk3(s) from your base folder!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived