Home

I killed a Lamer!

Imperial_thug

Originally posted by Master William

Nothing annoys me with lamers. It used to, in my very best JK2 old days, I used to run around screaming 'lamer! OMG!!!' etc.

Anyways, what DOES annoy me with JA is when you have set your own server rules (or when I'm admin at the gameservers.net servers, which I am) and people just jump in and break the rules, even though I press the + key (bind + key say ^4Breaking these rules will get you kicked.... etc).

Otherwise, I'm fine with it. Just hate the rule breakers who can't read the chat messages when it's necessary.

I agree with you, William, players should follow the posted server rules or those stated by a real admin (not some poseur claiming to be admin [and I'm not referring to you William]), or they should leave, no matter how silly, stupid, illogical, and absurd they may think the rules are.

And if they think the server rules are silly, illogical, arbitrarily enforced, foolish, and absurd, they should stay away from that server.

On the other hand, players who are just that and not that server's admin should not go to a server with no "honor" rules and try to bully people into following some "rules" that they think should be "universal", as in telling people "saber off = peace you f**king noob" , "don't attack with chatbox up or saber off you f**king lamer", etc.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

I agree with you, William, players should follow the posted server rules or those stated by a real admin (not some poseur claiming to be admin [and I'm not referring to you William]), or they should leave, no matter how silly, stupid, illogical, and absurd they may think the rules are.

And if they think the server rules are silly, illogical, arbitrarily enforced, foolish, and absurd, they should stay away from that server.

On the other hand, players who are just that and not that server's admin should not go to a server with no "honor" rules and try to bully people into following some "rules" that they think should be "universal", as in telling people "saber off = peace you f**king noob" , "don't attack with chatbox up or saber off you f**king lamer", etc.

If only people would just follow individual server rules, and dont bully people, as you put it, in other servers into following other server's specific rules. Since rules are not universal, as you put that as well. But I guess that's just too difficult a task for some folks. Also, Amidala, I was at your Chop Shop melee server, and some people just wouldn't change out of their Lightsaber. So it really ruins the experience.

And don't worry Master William, being an admin will be far easier when we get /amsleep for Jedi Academy. :D

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Also, Amidala, I was at your Chop Shop melee server, and some people just wouldn't change out of their Lightsaber. So it really ruins the experience.

Hehe, I fixed that problem later. I set g_saberdamagescale 0 when I ran the melee server. People who insisted on using their lightsabers soon discovered that they were useless, usually after they had been beaten and kicked to death by a bunch of jawas :amidala:

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Hehe, I fixed that problem later. I set g_saberdamagescale 0 when I ran the melee server. People who insisted on using their lightsabers soon discovered that they were useless, usually after they had been beaten and kicked to death by a bunch of jawas :amidala:

LOL!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Master William wrote:

Nothing annoys me with lamers

Lamers have never really bothered me, it's the ppl that cry about it that really get on my nerves. In a FFA I never put my saber down cause' chances are that I will get killed, if I want to chat I usually try to find a good hiding spot, cause chances are that you will get killed if you are out in the open. It has been that way in every MP game i have played in my life, you just don't stand out in the middle chatting, where ppl are battling and expect not to get killed, have these ppl lost all commen sense? I don't really get all that mad if I get chat-killed, it happens in every game I've ever played, just part of the territory, you will get chat-killed once in a while.

I really hate the word "Lamer", sometimes when I am playing and I hear someone scream that awful word, I just feel like I'm gonna puke. Sure it's not cool to get "lamed", but it's also not cool to have to listen to someone constantly whine and complain. I think that these Lamer screamin' noobs are also the same ppl that constantly whine about lag and ping, everytime they get killed they have to say something like "laggy", they just cannot admit that someone got the better of them. Usually if someone defeats me I'll throw em' a "GF" or "N1", it's just a game. I just wish ppl would stop using that damn "L" word, everytime I hear it in the game I feel like my head is going to explode. I know I've gone wayyy off my own topic now, but why is this game populated with such crybabies and poor sports? I've never seen anything like it any other game.

Archived