Home

re: CL_ParsePacketEntities

jonirenicas

CL_ParsePacketEntities means warez.

I don't mean any disprespect here, I know the thread was locked but there has been 2 recent threads that have implied that this mean warez when it's simply not true. JK2 doesn't have any copy protection it just requires the CD to be in the drive and it can be a copied JK2 CD for all it matters. What the error message means is that the clients jk2mp.exe differs from the servers one, which most likely means the user is using a no cd crack. Using a no cd crack does not mean warez. It's just a way so you don't have to switch CD's all the time. If you have a lot of PC games switching CD's can be rather annoying especially when all the game files are already on the Hard Drive so using No CD cracks can make being a PC gamer 10x more convenient. And if you have kids who don't take care of CD's it will save your CD's from distruction

Again JK2 doesn't have any CD copy protection so if someones going to pirate it they will gladly switch CD's in order to save the $40. In this case installing a no cd crack is purely for convenience not for pirating the game.

P.S. no cd cracks are 100% legal.

Of course one could always create an image of a cd and have an application to create a virtual cd rom device and 'read' the image like it was a cd.

and play it like that.

that ultimate in no-cd software :cool:

but of course i swap cd's when i want to play jkII

Moral of the story is... read the tech support documents.

They all say that CL_ParsePacketEntities results from the use of illegal exe's.

So if you're not using an illegal version, update your video drivers, your network drivers, your soundcard drivers, your DirectX, patch the game using the latest official patch, and make sure you're joining a legit server.

That's about all you can do.

Email Raven if you have further problems...

Archived