Home

What is there to hate?

Youngkrull

Come on folks what is there not to like about the empire in SWG? I mean come on it's not as if anybodies being oppressed in the game. Anybody can do whatever they want. anybody can go through town with a B.F.G. and the cops and stormtroopers don't care. Shoot somebody in town? No problem the authorities will just look the other way. And the Empire is so cool cause anybody can join the Imperial Military. Wookies, Mon Cal, and all those other races that would be otherwise enslaved in the Star Wars books and movies can join the imperial forces as well. It's great! The Emperor is so understaning of others not liking his rule as well. As a covert rebel or just a neutral guy I can run into any emperial held city or base and yell that the Emperor friggin sucks and the only thing that will happen is that some player character wil get upset and start complaining. Then i just love the fact that i can kill a few imperials, kill them and within a few minutes they could really care less about what I do. Oh and i can't forget my most favorite thing. The devs have made this game the world of the jedi. That is so cool, because when i finally feel like going for my fs slot then all I have to do is quit the rebel alliance and then go talk to the nearest imperial recruiter. And the empire is so forgiving too, Those 5000 plus imperal soldiers that I killed? No problem, The empire doesn't care about none of that. Those 20 or so ATSTs, and 3 bases i acosted them? All replaceable, not a problem, Just run some missions, kill some rebs, and you're in! then on top of that if you keep running missions and keep killing rebs they'll give you 3 brand spankin new ATSTs all for your personal use. Oh and you can't forget the fact that you didn't have to wear any of those ugly, grey uniforms, and you didn't have to wear your hair in any type of military fashion, cause you know that the Emperor is hip. So now you can take your new ATSTs and go holocron hunting. With that much firepower it's a breeze. Get the holocrons, grind and macro my way to whatever master professions I gotta get then whammo I'm a Jedi. then the only thing I have to fear is bounty hunters but as long as i got my 3 ATSTs I'm all good. I don't have to worry about Vader and The Emperor cause they're just chillin out on Naboo they could really care less about loads and loads of jedi showing up, It's just another day for them. So with all this great stuff going on what is the rebel alliance fighting for? Do they really want to ruin such a beautiful And forgiving government as this? No oppression, no one is forced to see things the Emperor's way, Everyone and every being has a freedom to do as they wish. But after i do all this and i feel like joining the rebs again they seem to be as for giving as the empire when it comes to me killing thier men but other than that who knows?

Actualy, he makes a good point here. Outside of getting to say "Hey, I'm a good guy rebel like everybody else (if you are in the majority, how is that rebelious, BTW?), and there are more of us so we MUST be right since we are the majority", there is no reason to be a rebel. Granted the rebels do get a really neat Back-pack (lol).

See, as a die-hard Imperial Fan (I just love their Boots), here's my view on the war:

The Galactic Civil War has been provoked by a sinister, evil force behind the rebelion, a propagandist Commie named Luc Asarts. The Emperor is realy a pretty cool guy who wants to engage in free trade and just keep some order in the galaxy. Darth Vader is a big teddy bear, and maybe the Emperors boyfriend. So, it is actualy the rebels who are unwitting villains that have been brainwashed into commiting acts of terrorism. :cool:

Archived