Home

some queries about shaders

lexicon

Wondering if any of u guys could help me with a problem, just started out with using radiant for first time, and have trauled the net for tutorials, Found RichDiesals web site and has helped a great deal, All goin great but for 1 problem... skies..

I have added a sky shader texture to a brush, and I get the Checkerboard texture or the 'sky sky sky' texture in the editor.. all good so far.. after compiling and testing the level tho, it is just displaying a plain yellow color on the walls / roof's i have added the sky shader too, it works like a sky, shots dont hit it etc, it is just not displaying the image for that shader.. I have tried all the sky shaders in the textures/skies, all with the same results.. On some of them (but not all) when compiling i get a Warning cannot find image for shader: shaders/skies/stars message.

I am probably not doing something incredibly basic, tho havn't been able to find any answers on the net.. any help would be much appreciatted

Just tested my maps in multiplayer mode and the skies worked fine.. tho still get a flat yellow texture on all skies when i run in single player... is there something i need to do when compiling for a single player map, or a setting in radiant that sets as either sp or mp?

Thx

Archived