Home

The reason why Galaxies is crashing.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Having looked to a whole host of various reasons why Galaxies crashes for alot of people - and making sure that every other option has been pursed first (ie: updated drivers, PC spec etc) it all comes down to the Pixel Shadowing.

SwgClient_r.exe-62466.66705-20031208121925.txt unknown(0x024035CB) : FATAL 536bf21f: Could not compile shader vertex_program/bad_vertex_shader.vsh 2905 (internal error: unexpected input register type

The programmers have made, what we have found, the poorest code for it to work. Pixel Shadowing is still new and the slighest out of place code or adjustment will cause the game to crash to desktop.

It has taken ages to find this issue and it is probably something Sony are aware of but wont fix yet as they prefer to rip people off and blame their PCs rather than the game code.

So if you are experiencing crashing to desktop issues alot and checked other avenues first and theres no difference - this is the problem and theres nothing you can do about it.

DMUK

I think you are right. But I think not the problem is the same on all Graphic cards. I am not blaming the drivers. I am blaming programing to not support even the most common graphic cards. I know you have a Radeon and you, among others (not EVERYone) have problems with SWG. I have a NVIDIA Graphic card and I don't have any problems.

Then I'm asking my self. Would it solve the problem if everyone turned off all the shading futures in the game?

Anyway with my NVIDIA card it runs fine and I have almost everything (including all the possible shadows) set to the top and it runs fine.

Ditto concerning the last paragraph...almost. Had a coupla game freezes after the vehicle patch, but that seems to have sorted itself out now.

Perhaps the drawback to planning so far ahead as far as the graphics are concerned is that the 'standard' is too low to successfully manage said graphics in the present.

Not that this has stopped them from doing it anyway, of course.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Like ive posted before. When i had my Nvidia, the game wouldnt even launch.

Ive tried this game on a whole host of different spec PCs with the highest settings and the lowest settings. At home, I would turn off alot of the options, which could be one of the reasons why the pixel thing is happening.

Either way, its bad programming and bad game code, which tells me that theres no chance of them fixing this at all.

DMUK

Archived