Home

Pistoleer/Theiving?

Darkmist

Well I want to make a pistoleer that has some sort of theiving(cuz i hear it makes $$$) like smuggling or splicing..etc. My question is

What Server(I want Prefer. East coast USA with LOTS of people who are friendly)

What race

What starting planet

Starting class

Change any attributes??

What type of theving makes most $$$

And anything else you wanna tell me about pistoleer/thieve

EDIT: I do not mean a char that steals itrems, i mean smuggling, splicing, hacking, the master smugller thing...etc

thank ya

Smuggler then for you. :) It's the closest thig to thieving you will get, but there arn't really any thiefing in SWG. You can slice into a travel terminal and alter the price for yourself to get cheaper tickets for instance. Slice into a misionterminal to get more profitable missions, etc .....

Slice weapons to boost them (whatever you do, don't cut the red wire. No, blue. Green? :D ). Open locked containers which might hold something interesting.

And it's slicing, not splicing, and it means the same as hacking. :)

I'd go with marksman or brawler, since you need pistols skills from marksman profession and unarmed from brawler profession to reach Novice Smuggler.

For race, choose whatever you think you will feel comfortable with.

First off, let me urge you towards the Empire. If you're going to join the Empire, be a human, otherwise you'll get FP penalties. If not, be whatever.

If you're going towards Smuggler, master that, plus either Teras Kasi Artist (very powerful, but only hand-to-hand fighting) or Pistoleer (very good ranged). I say those two because you already have to do Pistols I-IV on the Marksman tree, which make it convenient for Pistoleer, and TKA because you have to do the Unarmed I-IV skills on the Brawler tree, which is also convenient.

As per the planet, I suggest Naboo. Kaadara was my starting town and it was pretty good to me. :)

You'll probably get the most money by slicing weapons and armor. Good slicers can be pretty rich.

It doesn't matter what specie you want to be if you join the empire, personally I like those penalties for non humans with the empire, I made my Imp character a human just because I was using my old vampire character changed into a SW character, I made another characters on different servers non humans and maybe one of those will be Imp just because I would like to know about hose penalties, that makes the game a little bit better i think.

Naboo is a very beautiful place, my principal character started in Corellia but that was because of different reasons, i started another character on naboo and I really like it a lot.

and as they said, since you already have to do pistol tree to be smugler try to be something from brawler, TKA, Fencer, Swordman, blah blah blah :D

and about servers, I'm sure all the people will tell you to be in their servers, cause all the servers have nice and bad people, just try to choose one server that sounds good for you unless you want to be with someone.

Personally I recommend Scylla or Starsider :)

Thank you all very much your too nice. So Im gonna take the marksmen tree/brawler and be master smuggler, and I'll be a twilek cuz i love em. One last question before I buy.

Whats better for killing in general, pistoleer or TKA. I hear with smuggling you can use dirty fighting. Wich ones best? Pros n cons?

Also what do you mean penalties with the empire if yoru not human? I wanna play twilek so should I join rebels?

Happy Holidays!

the empire give you some penalties if you join them, it will cost you more Faction standing Points to get things with the empire, but honestly I think that makes the game a little bit more interesting, because if they didn't have penalties, all will have an atst running everywhere, don't let the penalties be the thing that decides if you will be rebel or Imp in the GCW.

and TKA are really kickass, of course they need to be soo close, but then they can kill anyone, last time i traveled to moenia cause I was needing to go to a house near the emperor's retreat and I stayed in the Starport cause i was trading with a friend who is MBH, I'm riflegirl and pistoleer, and then I found an overt rebel who was TKM, he killed us both.

Archived