Home

Linux Clanserver Setting

Nuke

How can I make shure from the commandline that the server runs allways "locked"? How do I make sure that this can NOT be changed via rcon?

Im running a Linux Server and I do not want to allow, that somebody with rcon can set the server to public.

g_needpass cannot be overridden via rcon. So as long as there is ftp access to the base directory, a script can be uploaded and executed via rcon in order to change it.

The setting +set g_needpass 1 in the commandline does not change that behaviour.

Anyone with an other idea?

A better question is: if other people are undoing what you want and sabotaging your wishes, why do they have rcon access in the first place? That's what admin mods are for: don't give them rcon access, give them a subadmin password and limited powers.

That's a much better solution than trying to construct elaborate defenses against someone with rcon access.

No, this relates to a more general case. Of course I trust my people. In most cases I can rely on them, but If I go on holiday or so, I would prefer a solutiuon where this just can not happen.

On the other hand, If you would rent out clanservers, you have the same problem too. If I rent a clanserver I would INSIST on rcon access, I would probably even insist on ftp-access. So how do clanserver providers handle that case?

Archived