Home

Hey, Fellow Knights

Sunslayer

Hey, all. I'm a veteran odder of Lucasarts games (particularly SWGB, JO, JK:DF2, XWA, other little ones), and already have KOTOR on Xbox. I have a few questions:

a) Is KOTOR better on PC?

b) What is possible so far in modding?

I'm at this point looking to get KOTOR on PC, first off mroe modding, also for the extra features available. I'll probably be hanging around and posting here, so hello, too. :)

Originally posted by Sunslayer

Hey, all. I'm a veteran odder of Lucasarts games (particularly SWGB, JO, JK:DF2, XWA, other little ones), and already have KOTOR on Xbox. I have a few questions:

a) Is KOTOR better on PC?

b) What is possible so far in modding?

I'm at this point looking to get KOTOR on PC, first off mroe modding, also for the extra features available. I'll probably be hanging around and posting here, so hello, too. :)

I've never played it on X-BOX, but it would seem to me that it would be ALOT harder to control and stuff...

But for modding, we haven't gotten very far since Bioware is being mean about it. We've found out how to replace textures, change models and player models, make conversations, and are seemingly in the process of figuring out how to make our own items.

If you have a good PC, trade in the X-BOX version and get the PC version. It has a new area (yavin station), which has some awesome new items (and 2 new sabercolor crystals-orange and turquoise), the mods make it a lot more fun-and those are really basic mods, I cannot wait until we get the ball rolling more. Controls and interaction are a lot better as well. (I have played fully through both the PC and XBOX versions) Rule of thumb:PC versions of games are **usually** superior than console versions, if for no other reason than the fact you can change stuff in them. (And don't talk about the XBOX modchip, because it doesn't come CLOSE to PC game mods and it is illegal) There, I hope I have made my point.

Originally posted by BoL_Stryke

If you have a good PC, trade in the X-BOX version and get the PC version. It has a new area (yavin station), which has some awesome new items (and 2 new sabercolor crystals-orange and turquoise), the mods make it a lot more fun-and those are really basic mods, I cannot wait until we get the ball rolling more. Controls and interaction are a lot better as well. (I have played fully through both the PC and XBOX versions) Rule of thumb:PC versions of games are **usually** superior than console versions, if for no other reason than the fact you can change stuff in them. (And don't talk about the XBOX modchip, because it doesn't come CLOSE to PC game mods and it is illegal) There, I hope I have made my point.

Really? I thought the Yavin Station was on XBox too, but it didn't have the two lightsaber crystals...

unless yavin has recently been added to the downloadbale content for xbox, then it is not there. it was not in the xbox version upon it's release at all.

and let me just correct a comment made about a turqoise saber. where are you getting that from? the saber is not turqoise. it is a bright white/blue color meant to resemble the color of exar kun's saber. hence it being found on yavin IV, and sold to you by yet one more character in the game who will give you bits of history about the exar kun war. it was just one more vague historical effort to put a little more content about everyone's favorite (well at least mine :)) jedi/dark lord of the sith into the game. here's hoping they'll prequel us with the next kotor game and get us a little more into that era and locale.

Originally posted by eidospsogos

unless yavin has recently been added to the downloadbale content for xbox, then it is not there. it was not in the xbox version upon it's release at all.

and let me just correct a comment made about a turqoise saber. where are you getting that from? the saber is not turqoise. it is a bright white/blue color meant to resemble the color of exar kun's saber. hence it being found on yavin IV, and sold to you by yet one more character in the game who will give you bits of history about the exar kun war. it was just one more vague historical effort to put a little more content about everyone's favorite (well at least mine :)) jedi/dark lord of the sith into the game. here's hoping they'll prequel us with the next kotor game and get us a little more into that era and locale.

ah, you see, I never have played the XBox game, I just got the jist that Yavin was in the XBox version from various places online. Also, they're probably calling it turquoise because, well, the actual filename for it has turquoise in it, so it seems that may be what it was intended to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Most console games have always been cutdown in someway compared to their PC counterparts.

Not to mention the PC is a lot prettier if you have a good PC.

Easier controls i would imagine come from the mouse and keyboard over a controller pad, in this sort of game.

Then there are the MODs, which PC games will always have over consoles.

In general, a good PC will do everything a console does, only better, and then some.

Though there are some games that are console only. Like Gran Turismo.. (GRRRR)

I almost totally agree with you there. One thing though is that I find it WAY easier to control on Xbox. I also have an Xbox to USB port adaptor, but KOTOR doesn't support it. :) I have Halo on both PC and Xbox, too, and find it better on Xbox. KOTR is altogether better on PC, even on my 800Mhz comp I'm using it on, it looks fine, just like the Xbox one, but still a bit harder to control as movement goes. My @.6 Ghz computer has an incomaptable graphics card (onboard), but this has a GeForce 4 I added a while back, and 384 RAM (the other has 256) so I guess the requirements lies. :p I wouldn't be suprised if Galaxies worked on this thing, too, then. Anyways, I love KOTOR PC. :p

Archived