Home

New to RS and need HELP!!!

Guest Jman

Hello, I'm new to RS, gaming, and computers. I'm into computers a little under a year. Rs is my second game. I just installed RS last night and it seems to be OK except for that my ship is stuck in the fireing mod. I have to be very careful not to take out the good guys. What's causeing this, and is there a fix? I'm using a new HP Pavilion with Windows ME, an NVIDA TNT2 Pro 3D AGP card with 32MB SDRAM. Also I have an AMD Athlon 1.2GHz processor.

I have a second question, what is the best joystick? I bought a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision2. I don't like it. It's not very accurate, or is it too accurate? I can't seem to gain good control of the ship. What do all of you recommend?

Hey people, I loaded the game today and I'm not stuck fireing all the time. I don't get it, but I'm glad it stopped happenig. I'm still interested in advice on joystickes, and I have another question. Is there anyway to save a game? I don't see it in the main menu?

[This message has been edited by Jman (edited February 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jman (edited February 18, 2001).]

Guest Rogue Renegade

No, you cannot save a game in process. (I wondered the same when I first started playing too).

Personally, I like the thrustmaster top gun because of the layout of its buttons. It's great to control everything with one hand. One problem I've noticed with some joysticks is that they are too tight. The springs pull the stick back to center and take away from precision flight control. I did see a Wingman that had a rubber boot and adjustable tension, but I've never tried it.

For lots of joystick discussion, look under the Pilot's Lounge for threads. One I remember was about "anyone use a gamepad?". There was another. Search for posts in the last 30 days.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RS!

------------------

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)

Guest Redwing

Yeah go post the same message in the Pilot's Lounge. It's a heck of a lot more active than this sleepy place.

As for joysticks, sometimes the keyboard is better in this game.

(at least for me 'cuz I only just GOT a joystick)

And nice to meet another "newbie"---I just learned how to USE a computer two years ago, and Rogue Squadron is my second video game---and I've only played that for two months!

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Copy_of_saber.gif

[This message has been edited by Redwing (edited February 19, 2001).]

I use a precision pro USB, you could probably describe it as to precise, although I have gotten used to it many people recommend Gravis koysticks over it.

------------------

Leader of 3 Flight

Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahahahahaha...

Thank you to all for your answers. I will go post the joystick question in the piolets lounge.

Hey Redwing I'm newer than you. I didn't even get my first computer until last April. Before that I played around with the library one, but that was it. The only other game I played a lot is Star Trek's Elite Force. I loved it. I've bought about 10, but have returned most of them. I'm hearing the Big name games like Star Trek and Star Wars aren't usually the best games because the manufacters are counting on the name to sell it, rather than on the game itself. This is unfortunate because I'm a fan of both, Star Wars and Trek. What can you do???

Archived