Home

Riddle me this......

Guest Short Circuit

Guest Short Circuit

Ok. I have a C-700 with 256M ram, a 3dfx V3500 TV, an SBLive! Value, and directx8a. I run RS when my resources are at 92% or higher, but it still runs slow as molasses. However, I do get intermittent periods (ranging from 1-5 min in length) of perfect clarity and speed. It does seem like whatever the problem is could be bypassed entirely by having a system that busted more ass than mine, which is one reason I orderd a T-bird 900 system which has not arrived yet. First, I would like to know if anyone else experiences this. Second, can anybody help me?!? I am gritting my teeth on this one. Thanks. smile.gif

------------------

"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Guest Rogue9

Directx 8.0 has been known to have some problems with Rogue Squadron, also Windows 2000 doesn't like it all that much and ME is an Unknown frown.gif

------------------

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Guest Short Circuit

I tried downgrading to directx 7a, but there was no change in the problem, in fact I had to reinstall my soundcard to get my Millenium 3D joystick to work. I have all the up-to-date drivers for ME, and the Microsoft site blames the video card manufacturers for not keeping up (typical). Lucasarts doesn't seem to have heard of my problem, and every time I try to install a patch it says "Your software is already up to date." I'll try nixing directx 8 again, but I'm not sure if that is the problem. Anyway, thanks. Anyone else have any ideas? I also can't get past Jade Moon b/c of the slowdown issue. Even though my movement and fire rate are slow, the enemy blasters are still a little bit faster. This is getting old quick. Later and PLEASE HELP!!

------------------

Guest Short Circuit

Ok guys, problem solved!! The T-bird 900 fixed it, and I don't care how. Windows about had a hernia until I went into Safe Mode and removed everything, and I learned that RAID doesn't work with LS-120. But the bugs are worked out and everything looks ship shape. BTW, they gave me a Bronze for Jade Moon, just bc I didn't kill 5 more people. Oh well, C'est la Vie. Thanks for the help!! (or rather simply an outlet for my frustration, either way thanks) smile.gif

------------------

Guest Redwing

Good 4 U

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Archived