Home

Spawnscripts

lukeskywalker1

Here my problem, and a question:

Lets say i make a map, that has NPCs walking around in MP. Just walking around (its possible) Say the scriptrunner i use is connect to a trigger_once (ill loop the NPCs movements) would that affect any player joining the server the map is used on since they havnt hit the trigger? Thats something im worrying about. I tried to get it to be a spawn script, so no one has to hit a trigger, but the script didnt do anything. I set the worldspawn like this:

spawscript

folder/script

but nothing happend... :( thats how you get vehicles to respawn (or one way) but anyways... i guess either i did something wrong, or a spawnscript cant be a complicated script. Any ideas?

Erm... here's an idea. Actually Raven used the technique in JO (SP).

Create a target_scriptrunner which will run the script and target one of the NPCs to the target_scriptrunner. This way as soon as the NPC spawns it will trigger the scriptrunner. No need for a trigger_once.

However I think trigger_once is named intentionally. :) So it will trigger only once and no more. I'm not sure if it is reseted when new round starts though.

Archived