Home

Dogfighting

Guest Atraiyu

Guest Atraiyu

On Moff Seerdon's revenge, there are a lot of Interceptors flying around, and occasionally an annoying little one isn't in formation with the rest of 'em and he decides to come harrass me. They're maneuverable little S.O.B.'s and are really hard to kill. Anyone got any hints on dogfighting?

The only strategy I really have in ship to ship combat is to stay low to the ground, because they're easy to see against a sky background and never go in too long of a straight line. Keep turning.

------------------

/~A friend in need's a friend in deed, a friend who'll tease is better/~

-Atraiyu-

Guest stratman

When they're right on your tail, whooping you, veer off to one side at full throttle, then slice back the same way (making a U) and cut your throttle. The tie will usually speed ahead of you and then the tables will have been turned. Here's a diagram:

-----------------------------------

>< = your ship

|o| = tie

-----------------------------------

|o| you cut back, tie has shot

out in front of you.

>< __________

\

|

_ /

_ /

/

/

>< 1) you blast right, tie

|o| speeds ahead

good luck!

Guest PBGenius

I haven't seen Moff Seerdon's Revenge yet, but if you can use the A-Wing, it might help. Of course, you might have to work a little bit harder at avoiding blaster shots, but it will be a piece of cake to keep up with the Interceptors. My problem was always that the X-Wing was too slow, for the most part.

If you're chasing TIEs using the X-Wing, one good thing to do is to close your S-Foils for about a second. You'll be on that TIE's ass in no time !

------------------

Moff Kint

Guest Jedi Knight Ben

Another helpful tip in ship to ship fighting is when you go head on, the interceptors are good shots and do a lot of damage. To take one out, head straight at one of the annoying ones who'll harass you, but not straight at them, you'll never be able to pull up to get them because of their fire, so go down and then up, you should be right about under him. Then hit the brakes and turn left or right, eventually you will see him. It may take a while to line up a shot but they can't hit you either, so bide your time and vape the SOB. I hope this helps. PS you can sometimes take out three TIEs with one set of shots. This only works for three in formation though. Hit one dead on so it vapes and sends out the explosion like the redone Death Star from the Special Edition movies. That shock wave should hit another one, which will then spiral and fall out of control to the ground. If lucky, it will fall into the final TIE and voila: 3 kills with only one shot

Guest Jedi Knight Ben

Another helpful tip in ship to ship fighting is when you go head on, the interceptors are good shots and do a lot of damage. To take one out, head straight at one of the annoying ones who'll harass you, but not straight at them, you'll never be able to pull up to get them because of their fire, so go down and then up, you should be right about under him. Then hit the brakes and turn left or right, eventually you will see him. It may take a while to line up a shot but they can't hit you either, so bide your time and vape the SOB. I hope this helps. PS you can sometimes take out three TIEs with one set of shots. This only works for three in formation though. Hit one dead on so it vapes and sends out the explosion like the redone Death Star from the Special Edition movies. That shock wave should hit another one, which will then spiral and fall out of control to the ground. If lucky, it will fall into the final TIE and voila: 3 kills with only one shot

Guest Jedi Knight Ben

Once again i hit the back button instead of jumping to a different topic and it posted it again. I apologize for my mistake again. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

Guest the garbageman

sevral ways to kill that friggin' TIE interceptor....

1:use the falcon...it's auto-aim comes in handy.....for once......

2:a-wing...more manuverable than an interceptor will ever be

3:if you're in an x-wing just RAM THE S.O.B!!!!!YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE SHIELDS!!!!

Guest Jedi Knight Ben

garbageman, while i understand that you believe ramming the TIE is a sound strategy, i must disagree. This takes away some strength, and is not a viable strategy. Plus i must say that while the Y-Wing is very strong and hitting a TIE with it wouldn't do as much damage as in any other craft, i say this: Why in hell would you choose a Y-Wing in any mission except Sullust and Kile II? Personally, i see no reason to use one on any other mission. Call me crazy, but those things are slower at top speed than anything else with the brakes on except the Falcon. I don't see the virtue in using it.

Guest the garbageman

first of all it's usually the tie's that ram me...and second of all i like the y-wing

it gives me something the other vehicles don't....durability.....and besides wwhere else can you get bombs?besides i'd use the falcon but it's too damn big

Archived