Home

Weird Windows Problem

lukeiamyourdad

I'm having a weird Windows problem.

I'm trying to download the updates from the official site. The download is succesful but when it comes to installing, I get a message that tells me the files haven't passed the Microsoft Logo Test, some test that proves that the update is from Microsoft...but I'm downloading from the official site...

Any help would be useful. Thanks a lot :D

Luke's dad

Just a few basic questions, no 1 is what version of windows are you running? 98, 2000, ME (God, I hope not), XP (pro or home), etc.?

Secondly, what update are you downloading, the latest service pack or a driver update?

You may want to check for any kind of readme that may have come down with a driver dl or get the error number if there is one & search for it on M$'s help pages, http://support.microsoft.com/.

Just some quick notes, hope it helps!

Now, this next question is going to be a sensitive one around here, is it a retail ver. of XP Pro or one of the "less then legal" copies that I had on one of my old machines? If it is the latter, can't help ya, they sealed that baby up and it is not wise to talk of such things here.

I'll assume that it is a retail version. What you may want to do is go to the MS Help pages & see if you can find a problem submit form & send it in. They'll need some info on your sys, but may be the best source for getting that problem resolved.

Other than that, check for running anti-virus software that may be blocking anything being installed or check security settings on your comp (in the internet settings, you may need to relax them to get the update installed). Again, these are just notes, I'm not really very familioar w/ XP pro...good luck!

Archived