Home

AT-WALKER

Guest momalboe

Guest momalboe

I have the Nintendo 64 version of Rogue Squadron and no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out how to take down the AT-Walkers that first show up in Defection at Correlia - so obviously I can't get past the Defection at Corellia level. I am supposedly activitation the tow cable but other than a click indicating that I've activated the tow cables - nothing happens. Any help?

Guest Dragondancer

I hate to say it, but it just takes practice - lots of practice! smile.gif I find that the best approach is to come in close along the sides and just as I pass the end of the walker, I turn and activate the cable. It used to take me a while to get it right, but now I can make it nearly every time.

Good Luck,

D

I have the PC version and can't take down the walker at Corellia either. I get the command "Activate harpoon..." and fire it. The screen then cuts to an overview angle that shows the walker and my speeder with its tow cable deploying into midair, and not hitting the walker. Then it cuts back to the normal camera view that I use. Am I doing something wrong? I've been trying off and on for about 2 weeks now, and still can't get it.

Guest Dragondancer

I believe that it does that if you don't keep close enough to the walker after the harpoon cable deploys. At that point, you need to make another run.

D

Guest Sky Master

I was TERRIBLE at it once!I keeped going the whrogh way, until I found a right way to go!But,the tow cable doesn't apear,but I still do it.

Guest Gold Squadron Leader

You have to stay real close to the AT-AT's legs. I aways circle him counter-clockwise, I find it much easier. I have PC version with Gravis BlackHawk Digital joystick. I go full throttle with stick held all the way to left, requires only minor adjustments depending on where you started your run.

------------------

Ties are flies, swat'em!

I got that pesky walker down finally last night, and then another one pops up! I haven't perfected my technique yet so I failed with the 2nd walker. A little tough introducing 2 walkers instead of just one for the first time. Now I'm going to play all night until I beat that level!

Indy

Guest rebel alliance

you might want to brake at first until you get the hang of it. come along side of the turtle about around his knees is easiest and just makes it fall and it can't do anything but if you want to blow it up go aroun the feet. wait until luke says fire the harpoons! and push the c down button keep circling the turles legs and he will say on more pass. on more pass and you have just created on big steel reinforced coffee table. keep a tight circle while circling and don't hit anything otr the cable will disconect. in rare ocassions you might be able to recover from a ollision but make sure you get back close to the waker before the cable disconects.

Guest Rogue15

did anybody know that you can go straight through it's front and hind legs? It's awesome!!! I am pretty good at tripping up an AT-AT in the pc version, it took a few tried though, but now i can make it fall faster since i figured out where the left and right brakes are.

Archived