Home

What should the Republic homeworld be in SWGB2?

Darth Windu

What should the SWGB2 Republic homeworld be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What should the SWGB2 Republic homeworld be?

• Coruscant
    • Alderaan
    • Kamino
    • Other (please specify)

Hardly. I admit that my template uses many idea's from RoN - but it is most certainly not a 'total rip-off' and if anyone here apart from me had actually played RoN and read my idea, they would know that. In addition, for my idea, the game would (ideally) have a purpose-built engine.

luke - there are differences. For example, in CtW, you can taken an enemy capital city and if you hold it long enough, you win without having to defeat your opponent. Hpwever, in my idea, cities still exist and give bonus' for being taken, but you only win that senario when you completely defeat your opponent.

vostok - what do you think of it? There are actually a fewfeatures about RoN that really peeve me, which i have obviously not included in my idea. These are attrition (although national borders still exist) and the final four techs in the Information age. I dont know about you, but i find they undo all of BHG's good work and make the game a click-fest at the end.

luke - actually it really doesnt. Unless you are playing as the Russians with a good amount of attrition research done, it really doesnt affect enemy units.

vostok - i agree that it had it uses, and i like the idea of the russians having attrition, i just dislike every civ having attrition in their territories.

Windu, the problem with your ideas is that what you are doing is like taking Romeo and Juliet, adding a stanza, and then passing it off as your own. Thats called plagirism.

And for the record, attrition and national borders were to of the ideas from RoN that I hated. I causes the game to degenerate with the two sides just sending their forces into a meatgrinder at the center boundary, with that becoming mroe pronounced because, if you get any little foothold, the enemy can just start making units much cheaper than you can until its economical to just spam units senselessly into the same area, because standing armies cost more to replace. Thats not my idea of fun.

Archived