Home

CMI freezing at beginning

firsttimemonkey

Hi everybody, i need some help. I just bought CMI a couple of weeks ago straight from LucasArts. I am trying to run it on Windows 2000 with DirectX 9.0. I am running it through ScummVM too in windowed mode. It works perfectly all the way through the first cutscene at the beginning until it shows Guybrush in the ship. He stands up...and then freezes. I sit and sit but nothing happens and i'm not allowed to play! I've tried to read through some of the other posts here, and have tried resetting the sound accelerator in DirectX to Basic, but that didn't help. any other advice?

well everything i've done so far is the only way i can get the game to run. if i try to run it normally in full screen, the launcher keeps insisting i install DirectX 5.0. i tried creating the blank .txt file and putting it in the folder specified and it still won't run. previous posts say to try then running it with scummvm...like i did. so the only way i can get CMI to do anything is to run the game off the D drive through scummvm, and then it freezes. (scummvm doesn't recognize the installed game on my C drive) i'm sure i'm missing something that would fix all of this, but i'm stuck. any other ideas?

thank you for putting up with people like me

Archived