Home

Get imperials to follow you?

Sirrvs

I'm a big fan of the dark side. :atat: You know how when you spawn rebels or bespincops they follow you around and defend you? Is there a way to modify stormtroopers so that they'll do the same? Currently, when I spawn stormtroopers, they stand in one spot and only move if an enemy steals their weapon.

Easiest way to do this is use level three mind trick on them. Then they follow you as if they were an ally.

You could add a new "friendly" Stormtrooper NPC or something, that could be on your side, but it's much easier to just mind trick them.

Move along, move along...

Easiest, yes. Best, no. The best route would be a total NPC makeover. Replacing models with others. Pretty easy.

The game as a whole would be odd, really. I did it with Outcast. It's pretty fun for a while as a gimmicky little thing.

I could also do it for you if you ask nicely. Or just ask. I'd be glad to. I need to get back to editing. It was fun stuff.

Really it's that complicated? I couldn't just use that NPC tool or edit something with notepad? I wouldn't want to replace any of the models. I figured I could just change a setting in the stormtrooper file or something. Thanks for the offer though. :)

I'll probably just use the mind trick but that also has a bit of a problem. How come when I change my playermodel to say, the Rebornacrobat, it won't let me set my force mind trick at all? Does it only work with the default playermodel?

If you use the playermodel cheat, you get the Force powers that the NPC you switched to has. The Reborn are not trained with mind trick, so once you've used the playermodel cheat, also put in setforceall 3 to get all Force powers at level three.

Ah, setforceall always ruins the single lightsaber stances, you know what I mean? When you switch to red then blue and then it gets stuck on blue forever. Is there a way to edit the force powers that each NPC has?

I'm downloading NPC tool right now but it seems more for adding new NPCs than for editing the existing ones.

Edit their .npc file and paste this in (the numbers are the level of FP; leave the entire line out if you don't want the npc to have it):

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 3

FP_RAGE 3

FP_PROTECT 3

FP_ABSORB 3

FP_DRAIN 3