Home

Just Completed

WRAiTHX

WOW

I completed Grim Fandango for the first time yesterday. It was... absolutely fantastic. A well created adventure game with a storyline which you really want to follow.

Unfortunately, as I'm sure some will agree (and disagree), there were the less-than-interesting parts. The petrified forest, and the whole 'sailing / underwater' area was rather dull. But Rubacava more than made up for that...... and how funny was the clown in El Marrow?! heh heh.

I have a couple of questions. I'm not sure if they were answered in the game, but anyway:

What happened to Rubacava when Manny returns? We don't get to learn about the 'mob town', or the curfew imposed. Its far too quiet, and nothing is accessible.

Secondly:

Why was Manny working in the DOD? We hear constant references to his 'punishment', but we never learn of what he did for him to be confined to the department.

I understand that many will say that these questions are 'irrelevant'; but nevertheless, don't we all want to know?

I completed it yesterday, and I've got the GF withdrawal symptoms. It really draws you in, and you actually 'miss' the characters.

Sam & Max 2, Full Throttle 2 cancelled. Grim Fandango hasn't even been given a chance.

Lucasarts has fallen.

Archived