Home

Problems on 2nd disk of CMI

Sym33uk

I love CMI and used to be able to play it fine, but now I'm having some problems.

I can get through CD1 fine, but when I get the Elaine statue and its about to move onto CD2, I see the boat moving off the island and get a message to put CD2 in. I put CD2 in, and am then told it cant find the .la2 file or something (cant remember exact name) I've tried it loads of times with the same result. I've tried putting the CD in earlier and that hasnt helped because then I get a costume error. There seems to be no way to get it to recognise the CD2. If I put CD2 and load a CD1 game, it tells me to put CD1 in, but then I get an error sayin it cant find .la1 file.

Any help apreciated, thanks :)

The disk itself is fine, as are the files on it. If I start MI up from the second disk it loads fine, and if I use a downloaded save game off the internet on the second disk it works, but I cant change between disk 1 and 2 in the game. It's not the same getting someone elses game to continue, so I'd apreciate any help getting it to work

Thankyou for helping :)

Um, the best I can say is then that it is a problem with your computer. I had the same problem with a game on an old computer of mine and I couldn't really do anything about it apart from play the game off of downloaded savegames

The best advice I can give you would be to download a savegame from just after you insert disk 2 and it should work. http://www.scummbar.com has a lot of downloadable savegames that should help.

Archived