Home

Editing Force Powers

shenyongwu

I was wondering if anyone could help me with editing the force powers, i want to scale down absorb, heal, etc; and i want to increase force jump; i was looking through w_force but i really don't know what i'm looking for in there.

Checked through the code.

For jump, I think what you need to modify is in bg_pmove.c.

On line 155, a float array is created for each of the four force ranks (really four: 0, 1, 2 and 3).

Currently this is set to:

Force Level 0 = 32

Force Level 1 = 96

Force Level 2 = 192

Force Level 3 = 384

Now to Absorb, Protect, etc.

If you mean "shorten them" with "scale down", I have found a solution in w_force.c.

Line 1042 (OMG!) has the switch statement checking the force powers.

FP_RAGE, FP_ABSORB, FP_PROTECT, FP_DRAIN and FP_SEE all have a "duration" parameter that you can set. You may also want to check and apply the syntax of FP_SEE to configure the duration for every force rank exclusively.

Now, if you want to set the effect of Heal when used once, go to line 1253 of w_force.c.

In self->health += 25;, replace the 25 with the HP you want the character to gain by using this power. Do the same for every level of Heal.

As Absorb and Protect are duration-based Force powers, you can't scale their effect down.

If you want to scale down the Force cost, go to bg_pmove.c.

On line 67, an array declaration starts for every rank. The lower in the file, the higher rank the cost is used for.

Hope that helps! Have fun editing!

*wonders how he could find out when he saw the JA source for the first time today*

Archived