Home

Dinosaur computer but no problems

The Saxman

Hi,

My computer is: 200Mhz Pentium Pro, 80 MB unknown type of ram, 16 MB PCI Voodoo3 graphics card, and SoundBlaster 16.

I'm using some OpenGL wrapper to get Outcast to run. It acctually is fairly smooth when you are inside of a building it gets really choppy outside but still playable. Of course I have every detail setting set to low or off.

What I'm wondering is: Why IS the game running so well? I see all over the internet people with a lot higher systems than mine having all sorts of problems with speed and MAJOR graphics errors. I have card that's not even suppossed to work but other than being a LITTLE slow and not being able to read the words in the intro I'm not having any problem.

I figure if I can find out what's RIGHT with my system it might help other people find out what's wrong with their's.

Thnx

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Whoa. That's a pretty *****y computer. :eek: Maybe you just don't have a lot of clutter on your comp.

Acctually even though its a fossil it wears it's age really well. I've had it for over a year and a half and windows has only crashed once that I can remember.

When I reinstalled windows, Outcast was the first thing that I installed, so there wasn't ANY clutter then. I have a lot of stuff on there now but it's mostly just other games.

Archived