Home

Multiplayer Teams -- Getting the bots to stay on their assigned teams

Slade73

Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered before, but in multiplayer is there a way to get the bots to stay on the teams you assign them to? When I'm setting up the game, I select the bots I want and assign them to a slot that's the color of the team I want them on. But once the game begins, they just join any team. I've tried turning auto-join on and off, but that hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance.

That should work, are you sure you are starting a team game (CTF, TFFA)?

A workaround is to:

[*]Make a New Text Document and rename it bot_teams1.cfg or whatever, as long as it is a .cfg file and it is in your base folder

[*]Put this in the bot_teams1.cfg file:

set g_teamforcebalance 0
set bot_minplayers 0

addbot luke 5 BLUE
addbot kyle 5 BLUE
addbot jedi 5 BLUE
addbot jeditrainer 5 BLUE

addbot shadowtrooper 5 RED
addbot newreborn 5 RED
addbot rebornmaster 5 RED
addbot cultist 5 RED
addbot alora 5 RED

assuming you will be the 5th person on the blue team. Of course you can use different bots or a different number of bots as long as the total number of players is equal to or less than sv_maxclients. If the bots are "too good" set the skill level less than 5 (1-5).

[*]Start the game with no bots, just make sure that you have enough player slots (set them to "Human").

[*]In the console, enter /exec bot_teams1.cfg and the bots will be added

[/list=1]

You can have multiple files like that specifying different numbers\combinations\skill levels of bots.

BTW, if you are going to play against bots, I strongly recommend downloading the DDS I-bots and DDS improved botroutes available here.

Thanks for the reply and info. Yes, I am starting a team game, usually CTF. Your workaround will do just fine though, and will actually help me out quite a bit -- I play over a home LAN with my son, and he has a set of bots he likes us to always use. With the method you described, I'll be able to play with whatever bots I want by myself, but have his favorites all ready to go when we play together. Thanks again!

BTW, does anyone know where I could find a comprehensive list of what all the settings in the JAMPCONFIG.CFG file do (if such a thing exists)?

Thanks!

Archived