Home

REQUEST: Saber Hilt

studman0201

Ok I am going to try and explain this as simple as possible, though I am probably not good at explaining the tagging part.

I suck at modelling, but I have unearthed very interesting information, to which I would like to see something by anyone.

I was working on my npcMod, and I was refering to elements of the original npc's, I came across an npc, known as reborntrandoshan. Interestingly he weilded as a saber a "sabertrident". I thought a sweet there is a saber trident in the game, I fired up the game and alas it was not at all, but not becuase it is not possible but becuase the models and the saber ".sab" file was removed from the game before shipping.

After that escapade I decided to look into what and how a new saber trident or any interesting multi-bladed saber could be constructed, here is what I found:

"A note about blade tags: each blade will be drawn from it's corresponding tag's position and in the direction (negative X axis in ModView) of that tag.

The naming of the tags must be as follows:

"tag_blade1" for the first blade. I made the code fall back to "tag_flash" if it can't find the tag_blades so that the code will still work pre-JKA sabers, but we you should always use the new name.

All following blades (if applicable) should be "tag_blade2", "tag_blade3", etc., to a maximum of 8 blades ("tag_blade8") "

What the above says is that a saber hilt can be designed to contain anywhere from 0 to 8 blades protruding from the hilt.

Also to create one with more blades than 1 you must tell the var numBlades in a saber file (.sab) how many blades there are.

This leads me to believe a multi bladed saber may be possible.

I hope someone makes a saber trident or any 3 or more bladed saber even if the hilt is not super stylish, just to test the theory.

Well first off..... this is in the wrong forum. (go to the request forum)

As for the blades... Yes you can add up to 8 blades to a saber. I think I've seen a saber with atleast 6 to 8 blades before on JK3 Files actually.

Doing the trident is pretty easy as long as the model already exists.... If you know the location of the model I might could do it but I doubt I will. Someone else might do it.

Archived