Home

Monkey Island Tarot Cards

Angulique

Hello, all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I am a HUGE fan of all things piratey and spooky, and when I started learning my tarot cards over again I was having problems. The normal symbolism on most decks didn't really "click" with me enough for the meanings to stick. So I sought out perhaps a Pirate deck, but no luck. So I started thinking about how cool an MI deck would be and voila! the idea was born. I hopped onto the ScummVM, grabbed 167 screenshots of CMI and sat around on photoshop for a week. I thought some of you may be interested so here I am sharing them. I made these cards for my own personal use and have no intention of selling them, etc. All the images are ©Lucasarts (DUH) and all that other such good legal stuff.

The cards can be found here: http://www.velvet.net/~spookymag/Cards/

-A small note: Since I collaborated this deck to help me remember card meanings, some of the names/images might seem weird. Example: The Lovers (Card 6). This card symbolizes a choice in which choosing one thing will call for the loss of the other. Hence the picture.

I'd really like to know what you guys think!

Thank you! My boyfriend was sad as well that perhaps Lucas never went this route. I would love to have an MI deck that's properly printed and perhaps a tad bit graphically better (it looks a little strange how the characters seem to pop-off the backgrounds, but it kinda makes them look neat as well!)

I'm trying not to lurk much; I'm just so crazy busy! Hehe.

Archived