Home

Npc_droid_remote,,,not workin

snife

Hi sry to bother u again,,,,,,

But now i have a problem,,,,when i put a Remote droid in a map,,,,the remote does not spawn when i play the map,,,plz help me,,, i realy need it for my new map ,,,,Kamino School

This is a hard question. The remote.npc file contains two entries: remote and remote_sp. The sp is for single player. The difference is that only the remote_sp uses the class_remote, whereas the plain remote uses class_seeker.

In Radiant, I suggest you try out the NPC_seeker. Although I cannot quarantee that will help with you problem, it's worth a shot. It might be that class_remote doesn't work at all in MP.

Of course you can try to create your own npc entry to have deeper insight into the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

seeker is not workin ether,,,,

only sentry is workin,,,,

okey i'll try to make a own Npc but how do i get to work in a map?

i wanna place it in a map not spawn it,,,,

it is for a training map,,,realy nice but i need remote or seeker,,,

If you make your own NPC, you use NPC_spawner to place it somewhere in the map. It's an entity among the NPCs. You just enter key NPC_type and then the entry name of your new NPC as defined in your .npc file.

However, a good option might be to try spawning the original or your own version of the remote (or seeker) via console until you find the one working. After that, you can place the npc_spawner in your map.

No. You don't need any "paths" in the NPC_type key's value. Just type test in your case. Although "test" is not a very good name for an NPC, if you ask me... Ah. It's not the file name, if you thougt mistakenly that way. It's irrelevant what is the file name (as long as it ends with .npc). The entry names are inside the file itself. So, you can have multiple NPCs in the same file. Check the existing npc files for reference.

EDIT: Some strangenesses...

Try if it works in SP. If it doesn't work at all in SP either, and you get the same error message, it might not be a valid npc entry. If it works in SP no problem, or at least spawns even if it didn't last long after that, then it's not supported in MP.

I have a file called corsec.npc. It contains 5 different NPCs. The first one starts like this:

[color=red]BespinCorsec[/color] 
{
playerModel bespin_corsec
weapon		WP_BLASTER_PISTOL
health		40
reactions  	3
aim		1
move		3

What I call an entry name is coloured in red. Each of the five different npcs in this particular file have an individual entry name.

Archived