Home

Making Lightsaber Hilts

ArmyAJ

I was looking around at all the posts and replies and still couldn't find a real tutorial on making lightsaber hilts. I do have alot of experiance skinning and scripting in other games, still trying to figure this one out.

If you look at the texture file for the Lightsaber hilt you would think that the guys over at BIoware are a bunch of druken monkeys that use their computers upside down, because half of the damn thing isn't even used or at least not visible when the texture wraps around the model, the best advice is to make a color coded template and put that in the game so you can see what part of the texture file corresponds to what part of the final version.

correction: only about 3.7% of the texture is used not half, and it its wraped in a stupid, "i smoked a 5 gallon drum of bad weed when i textured this" kind of way

send me your email, and i'll hook you up with the tutorial i learned from

yeah, thats a really good way to learn.

To see which parts go where (like the "joints"), just convert the .bmp to .tga, dump it in your override folder, go to the game and take out a lightsaber. Works well.

-Capo

(BTW I'm still working on my first lightsaber reskin, kinda hard in GIMP or Paint Lol)

Archived