Home

Adventure game

nioe

Just wondering what constitutes a proper adventure game for you? For example I would consider the MI series or GF as the true mark of an adventure game due to the fact that it is all puzzle solving and exploration and no I repeat no combat or chance of death. For me the Broken Sword series is not a true adventure game purely for this fact and I must admit some of the elements of sleeping dragon remind me of Splinter Cell. Im probably the only one who thinks this but please berate me if you must for believing this. Also could you call the MI series an 'adventure game' due to the lack of action? Please give your opinions.

The broken sword series is for me, a benchmark in adventure games. fins, so the first two had the prospect of death, but no death isn't meant to be a requirement of the adventure game genre, and as far as I can see, on Lucasarts and a handful of other adventure games outside the LA company offer such games where you can't die. Sierra were once one of the best in the genre (alongside LA) and in almost all of their games you could die.

The broken sword series was a great series and offered one of the best adventure games around for its time or any time. BS3 wasn't as good as the other, but it is still one of the best in it's genre, and unlike EMI, brought the adventure game in nicely with the 21st century with it's 3D interface. Yeah, there was a lot of block pushing, but the actual puzzels were pretty good and the story was great. I couldn't really put it into any other genre so I think adventure game is best for it.

Archived