Home

Re-Skinning

ArmyAJ

if you need a Photoshop expert svösh is definetly the guy you want, but there are several people here who can reskin very well, maybe if you said exactly what you want to do to the PC head than people can answer better :D

Mav

It's not really photoshop I need help with, actually I'm very good with photoshop, been using it to retexture and create for a long time, it's actually putting it into the game, and what files I'll need to extract, stuff like that. So if anyone wants to help out, you can contact me through AIM, ICQ, or Yahoo, just PM me and let me know. I really appreciate it. By the way I use Photoshop 7.0, but there really isn't too much of a difference since I've used all the versions before that.

First job is finding out which head you want to use for oyur retexures etc then finding the corresponding exture codes for them.

For the heads you have

PxHy0z

Where x = M or F (male , female)

y = A, B or C (asian , caucasion , black)

and z = 1 - 5 (for the different heads)

Scrolling tot he right on the select portrait screen will show you which number oyu want (1-5) the colour of the skin will obviously tell you which type you want (a, b or c) and choosing the sex will get you the F or M bit

you then need to load up Fred tetras KOTOR tool and scroll to the ERF files , expand the texture list and you will see four more lists , expend the swpc_tex_tpa list and then youll see another long set of lists , expand the P list out and find the head you want using the above PxHy0z formula

You will see 5 texures for each PxHy0z , these are

PxHy0z

PxHy0zd

PxHy0zd1

PxHy0zd2

PxHy0zd3

d indicating Darkside textures , d without a number is full darkside , d1 is partial darkside , 2 and 3 are further darkside variations (no d , d1 , d2 , d3 , d)

extract all 5 to your override folder (or where ever you want them), keeping the name of them as it is currently

open up in PS and do what ever you want to them

If you just want to start witht he normal head and ignore the current darkside transitions you can just exract the no d head 1 time and then play with it in PS and as you add DS transitions change the name to reflect how dark they are getting (d1 d2 etc)

no need to do any other editing at all , as you said , just drop them in to the override folder and they are good to go

YOU however can always make them a unique face which doesnt override the current heads , that would involve more modding but for just replacing current heads dropping the tga's in to the override works perfectly

Archived