Home

*SIGH*...It was inevitable...

Guest Ms. Talon

Guest TK421

I think Novalogic saw the editng being done to games like xvt and xwa, so they made the missions and ships etc into one big file, 373,996KB. No seperate files for models and missions

Why those despicable SOBs mad.gif

Limited playability, no custom missions or ships. Suddenly this game sounds like crap to me.

Pretty graphics and a nice flight model may be tasty icing on the cake, but I still aint gonna eat a turd-flavoured cake!

Of course I'm speaking as one who enjoys editing games, tweaking them to my personal preferences more than simply playing them - so this really ticks me off!

Guest Ms. Talon

Drakken, I don't want to spoil the SP experience for you, but be forewarned that the Galspn campaign is a BREEZE!!! Having advanced guided weapons certainly made life easier, and the Bora are definitely the underdogs in terms of numbers and firepower. In Bora I had to do the arenas to get money to buy a Warhammer, in Galspan they paid so well that I never had to face the arenas to add to my fleet.

The strength of the game is the strong story-telling (as I'm sure you'd agree); and in the Galspan campaign they never let you forget that you are flying for a soulless, bottom-line-obsessed mega-corporation. In fact, you're going to feel a little sick to your stomache when you win their final contract. (You'll see what I mean).

And, I know it's disappointing not to be able to do editting, but the game is such a different and enjoyable ride that it's really worth the go. Perhaps Novalogic will have enough feedback that they will re-evaluate this (as well as other problems) if they do any sequels or add-ons. I think the way to go here is to support their first space-sim effort, and offer constructive feedback and criticisms, instead of knee-jerking negatives. I know that the programmers have been carefully monitoring the Tachyon forum, and have said that they are taking everything down.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

Archived