Home

Scripting Help Details

razorace

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOTE: Do not alter the tags on sets that aren't camera functions that you converted. You'll totally break the tag system for everything other than cameras.

If you did alter the non-camera tags, you're going to have to resubmit your work.

To answer any leftover questions that I missed while sleeping:

Is that necessary to put in? It looks like it's commented out...

I'm pretty sure it's commented out.

Its not really necessary, (normal SP doesnt use it) but.. if it could be required for a custom Co-Op.

It's not currently implimented and I don't see it really working for Co-Op anyway. Everyone would look the same.

Use is more important, its what makes NPCs use things like emplaced guns, and I think vehicles, like the swoop. Otherwise, t2_trip will be worthless... because the cultists will just stand around with a swoop next to them... Also, Raven gave certain enities, such as the level change enitity a targetname, so they could change the level through a script, the only way to do this is by the use command. It might already work, but im not sure.

Oh yeah, use is already implimented but I don't know if it will work for the NPCs boarding the speeders or not. I assume it will.

EDIT: I guess we have to do the skip scripts too?

Yes, we need to do every script that has a camera command and is actually used by the game.

EDIT2: Just a note: I made the commands track/follow/shake the same way I did move/pan/fade... seemed to compile just fine.

All the camera commands. :)

Secondly, remember that this is a hack to get the stuff to work. Just because it compiles in the BehavED doesn't mean that you did it correctly.

Secondly, remember that this is a hack to get the stuff to work. Just because it compiles in the BehavED doesn't mean that you did it correctly.

Yeah, remember I script, razorace, BehavEd almost never stops compiling unless you set up the move command incorrectly (or mess up what we are doing here) looping scripts can also mess up the compile if done incorrectly.

EDIT: I have Taspir2 done, I think.. I should have gotten all the scripts (19 by my count)

Ill take t3_stamp next.

Oh yeah, just a reminder but please only send me the files that needed to be modified. We're trying to save as much space as possible so the non-modifed compiles would be a waste of space. If you sent me more than what was changed, please contact me.

t2_wedge, taspir1, taspir2, hoth2, and t3_stamp have been submitted. Thanks guys!

You know. Once we got JKA done, we might want to do JK2 as well. Afterall, the scripting and AI is basically the same.

Secondly, about an additional campaign. Maybe we could do it from the bad guy's perspective. That way we could avoid nasty amounts of modeling and coding work by not doing the more complicated bad guys. AND be able to use our hero models as the level bosses.

Well, that's what WLS claimed. I don't know how true that was. However, I do know that the entity limits for MP and SP JKA are exactly the same. In addition, most of the map entity limit tends to be taken up by entities that are deleted immediately on map start.

So, all the maps should work assuming I get the code right.

Thanks for your help Roxstar. We're burning thru them. :)

However, please be sure to check the completed list (in the thread's first post) so we don't end up doing the same maps over and over. I think you're already sent in two that I had already done. That's ok dokie thou. Keep them coming.

Archived