Home

250 Skill points

Itsmehoops

Can anyone help with this please I know u only get 250 skill points but not sure if it is possible to get them back for example i started as a novice marksman I know have enough skill to become a master so far i have 179points left I'll use another 6 points to become a master markmans thats 173 points used I am ok upto that point :) but once i become a master marksman do I still keep the novice marksman skill and the ladder above it or can I surrender them to get my points back and still keep the master marksman award hope you all understand the question :confused:

You retain all skills gained during the climb to your master profession and those skill points are still used. For example, You go Master Marksman, then you decide to pursue Rifleman, you'll use the skill points necessary to reach Master Rifleman and still retain all of the skills that you gained at Master Marksman but you will not get back any skillpoints until you surrender the skills.

Another example, let's say you decide that after reaching master marksman you want to pursue Rifleman, an elite profession. As you go up rifleman you find yourself using your pistol skills less or not at all. You want to get these skill points back. You will have to surrender the pistol skill tree to gain back the skill points. Each box takes up a certain number of skill points. To get the SP back, you would have to surrender that skill box.

Hope this is clear. If not, I'll clarify. :D

Well, the elite profession will give you the overall better skills, especially as you progress. However, seeing as you are pursuing a RANGED profession, the Master Marksman will compliment that with underlying defense and speed skill. I would keep master marksman if you are planning on pursuing one of the ranged elite professions(RIFLEMAN, CARBINEER, PISTOLEER). I'm going for Rifleman and I am considering going back to master marksman, if I have enough skill points after finishing my template. If you find yourself taking up another profession that you wish to master, then you would need to drop the seldom used skills as necessary.:D

Originally posted by Darth MarcII

Another example, let's say you decide that after reaching master marksman you want to pursue Rifleman, an elite profession. As you go up rifleman you find yourself using your pistol skills less or not at all. You want to get these skill points back. You will have to surrender the pistol skill tree to gain back the skill points. Each box takes up a certain number of skill points. To get the SP back, you would have to surrender that skill box.

Hope this is clear. If not, I'll clarify. :D

A small note on that:

In order to surrender those pistol skills, you will first have to surrender the Master Marksman skill box. You cannot remove a skillbox below another skillbox.

Archived