Home

A Monkey Island Fan Film?

robinthecrow

Hello there, just joined the group and am so glad to find other people have a disturbing fascination with this old game! I love Monkey Island! Best game I ever played right next to Sam 'n' Max.

Now a thought crossed my mind, what would people say to a Monkey Island fan film? Featuring the main characters and an excessive use of Murray (he's so funny) but the only problem I'm having with is the story line.

A general storyline with LeChuck being revealed at the end had been considered but I always think LeChuck should be played in such a way that a villain from a pantomine is done, he is seen from the very beginning. An idea to have an ex-girlfriend of LeChuck's turn up and cause trouble while he is trying to kidnap Elaine - again. A Time Ship idea even cropped up, an idea I am favouring personally, which LeChuck uses some old voodoo thing for or something.

So any ideas? comments? suggestions? volunteers?

I currently have about 15 reasons in my head why you shouldn't even attempt this (and this was before I even read the post), but hey, if you want to, go for it, it would be nice tyo see if someones attempt was half well done.

Oh, and welcome.

At the moment its just a few ideas being thrown about, I think its save to say I'm going to stay with making costumes for both Guybrush and LeChuck considering they will be my main characters.

Also I will get a decent script going.

Its been suggested to adapt one of the original games, but I feel a limitation with that, unless I got the storyline and wrote my own version rather than copying the game word for word.

i have also thought about making a fan film of MI, but without any sort of budget i cant help but feel that its an instant lost cause, but i am interested to see how you'd tackle it :)

also, as for the script i don't see why u dont take the script from MI and modify it. you obviously can't have guybrush finding an old pot then going to the circus and using it as a helmet, or most of the other puzzles but u can incorporate things like that into it.

Archived