Home

Hey, where'd the music go? We need some music!

Guest Wes Janson

Guest Wes Janson

During the campaign mission, there isn't one note of background music. I mean, that's one thing I loved about the Command and Conquer series - they had some killer music to pump up the mood.

I KNOW that Star Wars has more musical selections than any sane game designer could hope to impliment. Having music only in the main menus isn't a good idea.

I know that I joined the forums pretty late in the development process, but I feel compelled to voice my opinion regardless. In part of the blaster showdowns, space dogfighting, and saber duels, the Star Wars soundtrack is an integral part that completes the authentic experience. When I played through the demo, I was like, "Whoa. That was great! They got it right this time! But..Wait.. There's no music? What the hell?"

I don't know. That's just my thing, I guess. Whether there's an option to turn the music off and on, or even add a customizable soundtrack selection available to the player; the actual gameplay will be drastically augmented by background music - completing the ultimate Star Wars RTS experience.

Don't mess this up. You guys are well on your way to redeeming the name of the license (RTS-wise). Not having this option will be one of those little things which will nag players for years to come. I've seen it happen, and I've played 'em. But other than that, the demo's pretty damned schweeeeeet.

That's my peice. who here will agree with me?

Guest Wes Janson

Wow, really? Well, then I take back what I said. Thanks for clearing that up, dude.

My level of fufilled expectations is complete....

;-)

Guest ZeroXcape

The music is amazing. Granted it's all Star Wars tunes that we've heard already, it really adds to the feel of the game. With the full version, you'll definetly have something to drown out the sounds effects :luke:

Guest Rogue15

it better not be like rebellion music. that...was...annoying!!!!

btw, i still think force commander is better. graphics and camera anyways, i got a headache playing battlegrounds demo.

Archived