Home

System Requirments

ZBomber

Where are all of you. :\

from Ghent-Krath at EchoNetwork

I know that it's a little soon to start speculating on system requirements for an FPS that is still in development and is released in about five or six months; but I think that it would good to have an idea whether you should upgrade your computer, some time in advance, rather than getting the requirements about two or three weeks prior to release - which is the case with Battlefront - and then have to get the money and buy the hardware in a rush...

This screenshot gives the impression of high-quality graphics to me, so I would say that your computer should be no less than 1GHz, 512MB ram, about 3GB of harddrive space, and 64MB video ram. GeForce 3 will be the absolute minimum, I think. Maybe this game will be one of the first to exclude GeForce 3 and its ATi equivilent?

I don't think that the game will run with less than 512MB ram, so I'll have to buy some more ram since I only have 256MB. About time too, I might add I want to stay optimistic on the CPU requirements since I only have an Athlon XP 1600+, and there is no chance whatsoever that I can upgrade that...unless I buy my own computer... Video card isn't a problem for me anymore, now that I have a GeForce FX 5700

What are your guess? It's is as good as mine - quite a chance that it's better because I don't know the standards for the newest games

Sounds like a pretty good estimate to me. :)

EDIT - Stupid quote tags aren't workin when I put his name in there....

i'm here ...

:cool:

this game is based upon the unreal engine, so wouldn't it make sense that the system specs would be similar to that of unreal tournament 2004?

Operating System: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP

Processor: Pentium® III or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz processor or faster (1.5 GHz or faster processor recommended)

Memory: 128 MB RAM minimum (256 MB recommended)

Hard Disk Space: 5.5 GB free

Video: Any Windows-compatible video card(NVIDIA GeForce 2 or ATI Radeon with at least 64 megs of video memory recommended)

Sound: Windows®-compatible sound card. NVIDIA® nForce or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio

DirectX®: DirectX® version 8.1(included)or higher

Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP)play supported | 33.6K baud modem or broadband Internet connection recommended

either way i think i'll be ok. P4 1.7 GHz, 512 MB RAM, GeForce FX 5200, etc.

"Upgrading your computer in advance for one game" always sounded a little foolish to me.

Games get delayed all the time. Bugs creep up, and other unforseen stuff.

Think of all the people who upgraded for Doom3, Duke Nukem Forever, or Half Life 2. Needless to say, those folks would have had to do it multiple times, and the HL 2 and DukeForever people are still waiting!

Until there is an OFFICIAL demo (not some alpha, beta or leak) or the game itself, I think upgrading is premature. Besides, if the game is delayed a few months that hardware you were going to shell out for might go down in price. Hyperactive upgrading is up to the user of course, but I'd say waiting is probably more frugal of the options.

Still even when games get released it usually takes a few months for all the patches to come out and things to settle down, driver companies to issue updates that actually work with the game, etc.

Then there's the possibility an anticipated game will suck or be mediocre (it's happened before, anyone remember the disappointment surrounding games like Diakatana and Unreal II?). Then you just spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on an upgrade that really was for "nothing" (sure you'll find a use for it, but your main reason was so that game would look good right?).

Me, I don't upgrade until it has a great benefit to me for the cost. I'm not going to upgrade for one game I'll play for four months at most then goes on the shelf, and I won't pay top dollar for incremental improvements.

Now if I were a rich bored playboy with nothing better to do, of course I'd have the most top of the line whizz bang computer of all time and a team of dedicated servants to play with me, but that's besides the point.

; )

What really gets me is when a highly anticipated game gets delayed or fails to live up to expectations, and the people who spent a fortune upgrading act like they've been cheated. Sure, it sucks when developers/publishers lie or make hasty deadline announcements, but really, the person CHOSE to upgrade. It's not the developers fault that a person couldn't wait is it?

Healthy skepticism is something all consumers should have. The Hype Machine for video games has really gotten out of control in the last half decade, really.

Me, I'd guess that the system requirements will probably be comparable to what you'd expect from say UT2k4 (agreeing with adillon), since it's a variation on the same engine tech. But probably a bit higher to be on the safe side.

(Compare say games that use the Q3 engine vs. Q3 itself.)

And don't forget Obi-Wan, taken off PC and made X-Box only. ; p

And before that "Super Bombad Racing" was originally going to be for five platforms (Dreamcast, PC, PS2, Mac, PSX), but only ended up being on one (PS2).

It's amazing, actually how many games get cancelled or delayed. LucasArts is no exception. They've already delayed this game once. Let's keep our fingers crossed they don't cancel/console only this one!

They've also fired a bunch of employees (supposedly the RC team is intact), so again, anything can happen...

Archived