Home

WIP - Republic Combat Armor

Achilles

This armor is now available for download from my site.

From the read me:

Republic Battle Armor by Achilles

Item Properties

*Republic Battle Armor*

<Manaan, East Central (Tyvark's Shop) - Found in Tyvark's inventory>

Feats Required: Armor Proficiency - Heavy

Defense Bonus: 10

Max Dexterity Bonus: +1

Damage Resistance: Resist 10/- vs. Cold

Damage Resistance: Resist 10/- vs. Fire

Damage Resistance: Resist 10/- vs. Sonic

Special:

Upgradeable, Armor

The Republic has prospered militarily by keeping its troops well supplied with high quality heavy armor, ensuring they are always prepared for the most demanding battle conditions.

Creator's Notes

In an effort to get a little more game time with some of my non-Jedi NPC's I am making concerted effort to make everyone a little more valuable. This is

part of that effort :)

Files Modified

PMBG99.tga - KotOR textures file for the skin

ia_class8_099.tga - KotOR textures file for the icon

g_a_class8099.uti - Republic Battle Armor

man_tyvark.utm - Placeable

Screenies is available on the page

Sorry that I didn't include the psd files (they made the download over a mb!). If you would like them, PM me with your email address and we can try to work something out.

Enjoy!

Achilles, I think your armor looks good. I wll be sure to download it once you release it. Releasing the .psd file sounds like a good idea. It will help other modders to learn from your work and speed their own work along. I just wish I had some talent with photoshop, but everthing I have ever made is ugly. :(

Originally posted by beancounter

Achilles, I think your armor looks good. I wll be sure to download it once you release it. Releasing the .psd file sounds like a good idea. It will help other modders to learn from your work and speed their own work along. I just wish I had some talent with photoshop, but everthing I have ever made is ugly. :(

So what keep trying eventually you'll get it. You should've seen some of my first ones I quickly hid and then deleted. UGHH.... they were terrible, but if you keep at it and try reading some of the tutorials. I'll be honest I've only skimmed through the ones I've looked at, I'm notvery patianet, so after going through a good number of them I ended up learning a lot.

BTW sorry for steeling your thread Achilles.

Originally posted by Lucied

awso9me dude i'll dl it for sure but is it gonna be logical armor not all stat boosted?

My plans right now are to add 2 (maybe 3) additional defense points (via upgrade) and a few Dexterity point (again 2 or 3) to compensate for the severly limited dexterity bonus.

The idea of immunity to mind affecting via upgrade also occurred to me. As much as possible I try to limit "enhancments" to what you can find already find in the game :D

Originally posted by AlBundy

Wow, cant wait to download this, maybe after you cna make some armor for Canderous?

You read my mind :D

Left me save you the suspense....Mission's getting some new threads too :)

Now, if I ever get around to finishing my robe mod, all the NPCs (save the droids) will have updated gear.

Archived