Home

Problem with Monkey Island 2

Pete el Napias

Hello To all people!

I have Monkey Island Saga CD, that CD of All Monkey Island that LucasFilms made, and i have a little problem with it. I have Windows XP and Monkey Island 2 doesn´t sound with Soundblaster in this Operating System:( . So i would like to know if there is a possibility of making sound Monkey Island 2 in Windows Xp or if there is some kind of archive wich can make Monkey Island 2 sounds in Windows XP. I think that some people can think this is an insignificant problem but i love the music of Monkey Island, so if anyone can solve me this problem, i would be very happy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, it is an XP thing, if you were to buy a brand new state of the art computer with all the bells and whistles... you'd be kept up at night.

Sorry, but yeah, say you got this new computer and partitioned the drive and installed win98, you'd actually be able to play MI1&2 fine without ScummVM, it's XP that ahs problems running old Dos Based Games.

Oh, and there's no chance of ScummVM not working, there haven't really be any incidences where it hasn't, but if your a little uncomfortable about it, try it's frontend, ScummVM Q+E. It's the same program, but some nuice guy called ben came up with a nice looking windows system incase people like me get scared at the harsh reality of scummVM. Just go here and download ScummVM Q+E and when it's downloaded, unzip it, run it and click on daily build to get the latest files for ScummVM and then just play around and make it work.

Hope this helps.

Joshi

Archived