Home

a question to the pc game owners

DF3377

Hi,

did some guys of you get the pc version of bf sw?

I have some questions,

1.How is shooting?

Is it like galactic conquest mod for bf 1942?

I mean the weapons in gc mod have a low but definitly a recoil.

In the movies (i think they are all made on xbox version) the sniper could shoot without any recoil, and the dark trooper aswell.

2.The gameplay.

How is about taking over points?

Are there 3 ore more points on the map which are to take over with some tactics like in bf 1942 or are the maps just b00ming their vehicles like in the videos?

The shooting is somewhat similar to Galactic Conquest, except that in BF you can hit even far with just holding the button down, there's hardly any recoil, plus the weapons do less damage but seem to shoot quite fast ( atleast the normal infantry weapon )

THere are usually 4-6 Control Points, but the maps are quite small and there are people everywhere so you cannot sneak to steal one ( except on multiplayer which is good ). The vehicles are great, powerful but still quite rare, as the team only gets couple of vehicles at the same time and the vehicle respawn time is quite big. So getting your own teams AT-AT destroyed is quite a drawback to your team

Well here are my first impressions of the pc version:

Personally I was hoping the controls would be tighter. There are mouse sensitivity issues in certain cases. Also you cannot lean. But then again the laser blasts are not instant as oppose to games like BF1942 and call of duty. So while there is no recoil, it is very difficult to hit someone from far away, even with leading. Vehicles are good, but things like the speeder are to difficult to control on the maps that it is given to you. What would be really cool is that if someone made a mod racetrack where people could race their speeders. The online lobby is a little screwed up, due to the fact that it runs on gamespy arcade. A game that lists 30 out of 34 players usually comes back 'server full' when you try to join it.

Archived