Home

Ps2 Dedicated Server Help!!!

rogueleader0098

I have the above mentioned problem on one of my computers, the other has the problem with not being able to see the room. I sent the file to a buddy and he tried on his Win 98 se machine and also has the above mentioned problem. I'm starting to think that the above problem happens on older versions of windows. What OS are you running? I also sent LA a dxdiag of my computer so they can attempt to correct the problem. It's been 24 hours no response as of yet.

Okay, I dont know whats causing it but I've found an odd "fix" for the problem. Also, I've noticed a couple of new threads asking the exact same question so hopefully they see this.

Open up the folder that the program is loacted in, should be along the lines of program files/lucasarts/star wars battlefront ps2 server

Inside that folder there are 2 folders, data and strings.

Im not sure why this fixes it but just move the data folder into the strings folder. now cut and paste it back where you found it.

Somehow that seems to reset something which gets borked by internet explorer. I noticed anytime I use the internet after using the server software the server software stops working so be prepared to take this steps more than once.

I dont know if this will work for anyone else but It has definatly worked for me, I was able to get the program to run for the 1st time in days last night. Figured it out by accident.

Archived