Home

Werid facts about Flame from Deathstar (film for proof)

Guest Cloud

Guest Cloud

Well after downloading Ace Antille's The Battle of Endor sounds. I played the game again (the Battle of endor sounds are superb! There were some LEC sounds that I never heard before!). when I got to the Deathstar tunnel run (I have a lando style film of it by the way) and blow up the Deathstar (I start filming a new one when I blow up the reactor). As always, the flame was VERY CLOSE to me. something werid happened this time too, Wedge is still following me! I cut my speed down to 1/3 a couple time just to let the flame catch up, but I got too cocky and than I heard Nien say something and than my shield start dropping faster than you can blink your eye. I immediately used my jedi speed to punch on the full throttle, but it was too late(Wedge survied by the way. Now I know why he's such a good pilot, the guy is immortal!). Anyway, I discover some werid thing about the flame while watching the film. The flame is actually a big cube! Yep you heard me right, after the flame past my exploded ship I pause the camra and turn it around and then I saw that there wasn't flame in the back. Also the flame seems to go at different speed, for instance right after you blow up the reactor and get out of there. the flame just get to that triangle tunnel and pause their for a couple seconds than it starts moving again than once in a while it slows down. If you want to see my film, just tell me your email address and I'll send it to you.

IMPORTANT NOTE-Since I should Ace Antille's sounds for the mission. I'm not sure, but the game could crash if you don't have the Ace Antille's sound. However it may just not play the sound but will just show the words.

Guest Marril

Of course Wedge's invincible, how else did he survive TWO Death Stars and 100+ missions that got everyone else killed...

Guest Cloud

Actually the one werid mission I mention above, Wedge kept on following when I escaped. He didn't use his hyperdrive.

Actually, I've known for some time about the flame being a cube. When I was first trying to complete the Death Star run mission, I encountered a problem. When you destroy the reactor core and reenter the tunnel, the tunnel forks after a relativley short distance. One fork is blocked by debris and the other is open. I used to fire my remaining missiles into the blocked route and blast through it. When you go this way, you fly a very short distance and you're outta the Death Star! Only one problem...you end up in a null space where you fly endlessly waiting for the mission to end. However, it is null space so the mission never ends. Believe me, I had plenty of time to sit in the gunner's turret and watch the orange flame cube! And I was so bored, I'd just sit there and shoot Wedge wink.gif

Well, needless to say, I finally completed the mission when I tried the other (correct) tunnel.

Anybody else discover the blocked short tunnel I was talking about?

------------------

If you strike me down, I shall become more decomposed than you could possibly imagine.

Guest Zedran

I had trouble in the death star... The damn reactor woudn't Blow up?!!!!!When wedge shot at the power regulator the sheilds on the core went down a bit but after that i shot endlessly at the core. Finally after about 5 minutes the core started to self destruct.....I was ready to load "Lando" in a torpedo tube and send him!!!!!!!!!!!!Has anybody had this happen to them?

Zedran biggrin.gif

------------------

"Thats quite a wonderful smell you discovered!"

Guest OtanaMan

You wanna know something even weirder than the fire cube?

I remember once I got lost in the tunnels. I was flying and flying until I got to this opening that was barricaded with a lot of sticks. I flew into and through the sticks! I actually flew out of the tunnels! Outside was just plain blackness. No stars. No ships. Nothing...except for the cube flame behind me.

After you blow up the reactor and are about to exit the reactor room, look for this opening along the sides. It'll be blocked with a lot of those sticks.

Those sticks I'm referring to are the ones that get in the way and you have to shoot it down so you don't crash into it.

If anyone wants to know what I'm talking about, I can send them a screen shot of the opening or the empty blackness.

Guest Exxion

That also happened once to me. As I touched a wall in the room with the mech droids and the strange red device. I landed in a black null-space. The only thing that was visible was the reactor-room. So i could fly there without using the tubes. another strange thing was, that Wedge disappeared and after I reached the reactor-tube, the exit from there also lead to this cuious null-space. And I wasn't able to destroy the reactor.

Programming-error?

Guest DarthHulkster

If I am thinking about the tunnel with the "sticks", that is the tunnel you take when you go to the reactor. Remember, When you go to the reactor, the main route is blocked. So you take a secondary route. And where those "sticks" are, which are acutally beams, is where you come back to the main route. Then when you blow up the reactor, LEC put beams into the secondary route so you didn't take the long way again. Still, I gotta check out the flame block and busting through the beams into null space.

Guest OtanaMan

I'm glad you know what I was talking about. It was kinda hard to describe. I had to use the word "stick" because I couldn't think of the word beam.

Archived