Home

Jedi Knight

Guest DarthHulkster

Guest DarthHulkster

Hey is there a way to like combine Jedi Knight or Mysteries of the Sith with XWA or X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter?

Guest Thrawn

too many types of programming involved. some of today's computers couldn't handle it anyways.

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Cloud

Lets hope Star WArs Online is going to be like this. When piloting it will use the XWA flight engine, but on foot, it will use the Jedi Knight engine....

Guest Ms. Talon

Last year our family played a very enjoyable and graphically GORGEOUS action-adventure game called "Drakan, Order of the Flame". The story involves a young woman-warrior (Rynn) and her Dragon steed. The remarkable and incredibly fun hook of this game was that Rynn could get on/off her dragon anytime and virtually anywhere you wanted; on the ground the game is a third-person perspective action/shooter, but on the dragon it's a flight sim!...you could strafe ground targets with the dragon's breath and dogfight with the evil dragons! The MASSIVE and beautiful outdoor and indoor environments blended flawlessly as well! The transistion was totally seamless, and the gameplay very versatile. Rynn could also ride the dragon on the ground. When Rynn was not on the dragon the AI took over it, acting independently. It was a terrific experience! I had never before felt so much freedom of movement and gameplay in any other game we've played!

It certainly would not be too much of a stretch to have a person in a similiar type of game to get in a spaceship instead of a dragon!

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited June 05, 2000).]

Guest RDean

Star Wars Rebel Assault 2 had some of this. You were able to be a first person shooter for awhile and then shoot down ties or even fly a tie down a canyon. The problem is that niether part was exceptional. You didn't reallly have flight control when fighting ties and you certainly didn't dogfight them. I don't know, I was a little disappointed overall with Rebel Assault 2, but I think it can be done. It might take more than 1 cd but it could be done.

Guest Ms. Talon

Drakan's transitions were seamless, and you could do it anytime, virtually anywhere!...on and off the dragon at will! The joystick and the directional arrows were all you needed, both on the ground and in the air...it was simply a BLAST!!! It was 2 game genres melded together perfectly, with TOTAL freedom as to how you wanted to go!

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

I'm gonna have to look up Drakan; the closest I've played is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (love that game) where teenage Link can get on and off his horse, Epona anywhere on Hyrule Field or Lon-Lon Ranch (or in Garudo Central after he frees the prisoners). You can also summon Epona with the Ocarina, like a becon call.

------------------

Breath deep, seek peace --Traditional Dinotopian saying

Guest DarthHulkster

The only other game I have played where you can get on and off transportation to fight or something is Simcopter

Guest Cloud

Imagine this for Star Wars online. You are on the Calamari Cruser when suddenly the Imperials are attack your ship and are raiding the ship and attack it from the outside. Every person would have a job to do, gunners would have to immediately get to a tubo laser. Pilots would have to pilot the calarmari cruser to safety (hyperspace, but require alot of time). Rebel pilots would run down to the hanger and get in their craft and attack the TIEs. While Rebel soldiers will do their best to get rid of the stormtrooper threat. If Star Wars online is like this, it will be great! You could start piloting or gunning by pressing activate (Jedi Knight) on the control or gun turret.

Guest GURU

Those of you wondering how close games like this are, go to http://www.wwiionline.com.

World War II online will combine air, see, and land components of war with the ability to run around in a FPS mode, as infantry, drive a tank, or pilot a World War II aircraft. The beta sign up is over, but I was able to sign up and they said in the end everyone who signed up will be in the beta, so I'm looking forward to being able to try this game.

Personally I wonder about Star Wars Online. I'm curious as to whether it will have a role playing effect to it (from Verant's Everquest) or if it will be more of a Xwing/Dark Forces combination allowing you to run around in FPS mode and flight mode. Only time will tell. I have a feeling though when you combine Verant and Lucasarts together mayhaps we'll get the best of both companies (instead of some of the worse like Force Commander, or some of the problems people have with Everquest which is either the worlds worst game or worlds best game).

Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best as potential clients smile.gif.

General Guru

Marksman 1st Class

Archived