Home

Using the mouse in XWA (bear with me here)

Guest DarthSidious

Guest DarthSidious

I realize that this same question has been asked hundreds of times, but I would like to play XWA on a laptop using the mouse cuz I'm not ready to shell out for a USB joystick. So, is it possible?

------------------

DarthSidious

"Now...Young Skywalker...You must DIE!!"

Guest Coudrak

June 10, 2000 (extract of ATFW public chat :)

[14:21] <Randy-Tachyon> plus, everyone HAS a mouse on a PC - fewer and fewer have joysticks these days, so it's something you have to really seriously consider not just supporting, but supporting well if you want your game to be accessible to lots of people

[14:21] <Bill|TotallyGames> You could in X-Wing and Tie Fighter, although it was very difficult ;)

http://www.atfw.net/News/0600chat.html :)

[This message has been edited by Coudrak (edited June 14, 2000).]

Guest DarthSidious

I think he was referring to the original X Wing and TIE Fighter, which came with mouse support. It was hard to control with the mouse...

Guest MonkeyLight

well I actually used to use the mouse for fine tuning, I cant do that now and I dont have a joystick thta works just a pad. but that isnt good for lining up thats why I lked the mouse

Guest Y-Wing Prodigy

Back in yesteryear, when everyone was playing X-Wing, all you needed was a keyboard. The game could be won quite easily that way...

Unfortunately as the market is opening up and making way for profits, profits, profits, most games will not work unless you have some new shiny doo-whacky. In a word... massconsumptionhasbeenmetwithwholesalersanddevelopersuppingrequirementsofsoftwaretoincreasemassconsupmtion.

-It's a cruel business.

Archived