Home

question about maximum # of ships?

Guest Master of Puppets

Guest Master of Puppets

Why can you only have 6 fighters per wing or whatever, why can't it be a real squadron and be 12? is there ANY way of editing it so that you can make like 19 waves of 12 fighters?

also is there anyway to make more then one capital ship per ship choice?

like i mean the most star destroyers you can have in a battle per side is like 8? WTF... there are always more then that in a battle

are there any patches that allow you do have more capital ships in a skirmish?

Guest Zedran

To make it seem like you are flying against more fighters, set them to 6 waves of 2 fighters. Then when those two are killed more arrive...Instead of having to kill 6 for more fighters to get there. Also You could have more groups of 2 flying at once.The groups of two will fly independent of each other.

Zed. eek.gif

------------------

When last we met I was but the apprentice,.."Now I am the Disaster"

Click,Click,Click,......Damn Light Saber!.....AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH.........

my_saber-green.gif

[This message has been edited by Zedran (edited June 19, 2000).]

Guest Master of Puppets

hmm i think you missed my point...

i mean like instead of having the max # in a group be 6 is there anyway to make it 12 or more?

I foud a little bug when i was messing around, i dont know if it will help you, but this happened ni Skirmish

What i did was give 6 fighters in one FG Unlimited waves, then switched the fighters with an Asteroid, i now had an Asteroid that was Hypering in after the other one got destoryed, maybe this is a way to make a ESB type Asteroid Feild.

YOu might want to try it, jsut make sure al lcraft are flyable, and skirmish capable and you might get it to work, but if you have too many cap ships, dont be suprised if the game crashes

Guest JC_DeadEye

WTF? You can have as many capships as you want in a mission. Unless you're meaning skirmishes, but I've had around 23 Star Destroyers of different types and an SSD in a mission I was using to make a background wallpaper for my windows desktop. Didn't seem limited to me.

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Lots harder, b/c you have to assign duties, and waypoints, and a whole slew of junk for each Fighter group.

But with SKM you only worry about 1 region, and you relly only have about 3 choices to make for each fighter group that effect gameplay. AI, Payload, Duties

i had the hardest time tweaking the AIs in a mission i made, so that i would be the last craft around, in a 12 v 12 skirmish againt mixed craft

Guest JC_DeadEye

Yeah, but the over-all "fun factor" in a full scale mission if done right totally blows away any number of skirmish setups.

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Guest Thrawn

The reason they limit you is because skirmishes are designed for multiplayer battles primarily, so they limit the # of ships to keep lag reasonable.

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

There is a skirmish module for the BinHexEdit program. I don't remeber where to download it, but it allows you to create skirmish missions beyond the limits imposed by LEC. In other words, you can use it to put more than 1 Capital ship in a flight group, and you can use it to put more than 6 fighters/containers, etc per flight group. The only catch is, you can't have more than 96 total craft in the game at once. So, if you put more than 6 craft in a flight group, then another flight group must have less than 6 craft to compensate.

------------------

If you strike me down, I shall become more decomposed than you could possibly imagine.

Guest Thrawn

Anybody know where to get this?

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guess what? I found the skirmish editor. Its at Darksabers OPT Station:

http://www.darksaber.freeserve.co.uk/

Go to the files section, find the XWA BHE modules. The file you want to download is BHEskmV0.2.

You will also need to download BinHexEdit (BHE) to run BHEskmV0.2 If you don't know about BHE, then you will need to find some tutorials to learn how to use it. You should be able to find out where to download BHE and find tutorials from Darksaber's website.

------------------

If you strike me down, I shall become more decomposed than you could possibly imagine.

Guest Ms. Talon

In making our battlesets we found that AlliED will make a wave of 9 (max.) ships without problems, (just ignore the warning box about the 6-ship rule.) We sometimes do have flight groups of 8 or 9 in our missions.

As for skirmish, what difference does it make if you have 2 groups of 6 or 1 group of 12!?

In real life squadrons the squad is always divided into flights of 3, 4, or pairs in ops anyways.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited June 24, 2000).]

Archived