Home

Betrayal

Guest Fuzzy Bear

Guest Fuzzy Bear

I feel betrayed by LucasArts. Not only are they basically ditching Episodes 4-6, which I feel were somewhat superior movies in terms of plot and depth, but they are making all their new cool games for the consoles instead of the PC, where their roots were from. Not only that, but most of the games (like Force Commander) are crappy now for the PC. Anyone care to comment?

------------------

"Look! Your Schwartz is as big as mine! Now lets see how well you handle it."

Spaceballs - When Lone Star and Dark Helmet are fighting.

Guest Toscan

YES... But a sith would bump me off for some of my "choice words" about Lucas Arts. Sorry.

Oh, yeah, there's already an I hate LA disscusion in the Ideas for the Next X-wing game post.

------------------

Abnormal, or special, wichever way you look at it, I'm still me

Guest Thrawn

Eventually, they will return to the Comp. Most of the games for consoles have been made to the computer anyway. Besides we get OBI-WAN!

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

LEC has been doing that for a while now, they approach PC games with a console mentality. They ignore and attack the fans who would support them for releasing mods and editor programs, and consider MP support to be optional. (Infernal Machine, anyone?)

They also subscribe to the Nintendo philosophy of inserting any well-known character into any situation, naming the game after them, and expecting massive returns. ("Star Wars Demolition"!?!)

Face it, Lucas's kingdom is turning into an Empire.

------------------

What doesn't kill me only makes me stranger.

Guest Thrawn

I don't really see how there could have been multiplayer Indy.

Obi-Wan will redeem them.

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Cloud

Playstation 2 is going to be an awesome system (one game, Metal Gears Solid: Sons of Liberty). Why is everyone yelling at it? By the way, Lucasart is disappointing console owner too, so don't feel bad (Jedi Power Battles was fun, but whats with the bugs! That game has like 20 bugs in the game!) Starfighter has nice graphics, but will the gameplay live up to it? We'll found out soon enough....

For one thing you can not modify a console game, like for XWA. None of you would be able to fly all the extra ships that have been made if it was a non-pc game

I think game companies are making non-PC games b/c there is a lot of game piracy out there

Archived