Home

Engine Wash

Guest OtanaMan

Guest OtanaMan

Does engine wash do damage ONLY to the player craft? Because I once picked up a disabled pilot and left him behind the Liberty's engine. He didn't pop.

Guest Toscan

That's mean! But sounds like fun. I know what i'm gonna do now.

------------------

Abnormal, or special, wichever way you look at it, I'm still me

Guest Marril

LOL! They're fun to abuse! Pick 'em up and leave a large collection of 'em inforont of an enemy station, then blow up the station. ^_^

Guest OtanaMan

That's right. I disabled the Imp pilot and picked him up. Then I released him behind the Liberty's engine. Right in the blue glow. Since he didn't explode, I just simply shot him. So, anyway...does engine wash only affect the player craft?

Guest Marril

I think so, even though some strategy guides say never to go in a capship's engine wash unless you're desperate to shake some unshielded TIEs off your tail. that never works for me, so...

------------------

Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.

--Tyais

Guest OtanaMan

I've heard of that strategy before. But does it really work? I mean, computer TIEs don't get damaged. As for multiplayer, I think human opponents know better.

Guest Thrawn

I remember in the demo, when the cheat came out telling us how to switch the container transports with the Mon Cal Cruiser, that the TIEs would die in the engine wash. But i've never seen in happen in the full version of the game.

I took all the piolits i could find that were imperial and put them in the hangar of a disabled ISD. It was fun watching them fly out as explosions pushed them out smile.gif

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Engine wash does only affect the player. I can't count the number of times I have dogfighted TIEs behind an SSD. I was roasting, but the TIEs were not. Friendly AI craft are also not affected by engine wash.

------------------

If you strike me down, I shall become more decomposed than you could possibly imagine.

Guest Thrawn

That's something they need a patch to fix.

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest jmillheiser

yes i hate that too. i think my first encounter with that is the first mission wher e you get the otana. i tried to get the gunboats to follow me behind the ISD i popped they didn't

Guest OtanaMan

I like to fly behind the Liberty on purpose just to see my ship's cockpit rumble.

Pretend you are carrying a container and you fly behind a cruiser's engine. Will the container get damaged as well?

Archived