Home

A plug for Darksaber's TIE improvements-packs

Guest Ms. Talon

Guest Ms. Talon

For those who may not know about this, and until the Imperial fighter-pack from XWAUP becomes available; I would like to heartily recommend Darksaber's TIE packs. (From Darksaber's OPT Station).

There are 2 packs; one will improve the existing TIEs by adding visible guns in the wingtips, and the second (more dramatic) is the new cockpits, the T/A cockpit is now accurately portrayed, and you can now see the wingtips from the cockpits of the T/I, T/A and T/D. It doesn't sound like much, but it's much cooler than it sounds!

Both were easy to install, the cockpits does require a little tweaking with BinHexEdit, but even a BinHex newbie like me had no trouble with it. The results are well worth it!

Once again, Kudos to Draksaber for a fine job!

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

Guest Weedwacker

Now all the need to do is make the guns movable as they should be, using a HAT will in a circle fight could change a T/F odds greatly. Say you could move your target recticle around with the hat and were ever your move it, thats where the gun ports aim at, cool idea eh!

Guest JC_DeadEye

You can't make the guns move around, period.

So you guys just discovered Darksaber's little treasure trove? Well, I won't say anything more. smile.gif

His TIEs are the way to go though for now, or at least until Elim, Rebel, and me get the TIE pack done.

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Guest Herman

K_K, watch the end of ANH again, and youll see the lasers move to follow the fighter.

Well I think they do anyway.

------------------

"Failure is something that happens to other people."

That is called laer convergance, and that is normal for a fined tuned system like the x1

Kinda like that MACH machine/robot in robocop, or the Bird of Prey in Star Trek V

Oh there was a test with changing the A-wing guns to 2 turrets, the problem was that if the target was directly in front of the A-wing, only 1 laser would fire. Besides it takes all the fun out of being a marksman with auto-targeting lasers.

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

That is called laer convergance, and that is normal for a fined tuned system like the x1

Actually, it's called dramatic license. wink.gif

It wouldn't have been as cool to have Vader killing those exes with one shot, as he would've the way he was targeting them.

Note that he never fired unless he had a firm target lock, his first shots should have pierced the back fuselage, but then we (as viewers) would have just a flash of laser fire and an explosion (like in Battlestar Galactica).

------------------

What doesn't kill me only makes me stranger.

Archived