Home

making NPCs playable

toiletfetussush

To make Npc playable on those maps they have locals simply edit the mission.lvl file, no editing is required in the map.lvl files UNLESS you want to alter spawn points, map buildings or mod visual items. The mission.lvl files decides who plays on what faction and the SIDE/ files decide what weapon each unit uses.

/SIDE/"filename.lvl" = mod the items and where they are placed and how they look on a given unit for that faction.

_LVL_PC/MISSION.lvl = mod the factions and what units are usable for any given map ;also you can swap units with any other unit that loads in the the specifed maps area. Each map has its own area , in fact there are 2 areas for each map but only the first area affect gameplay. The seconds is for reference for editiing.

_LVL_PC/"mapfolders"/"mapname.lvl" = mod the map, move everything. Change spawn points and remove anything on the map simply by changing the first letter of any item such as the atat in hoth is listed as imp_walk_atat ,. if you name it wmp_walk_atat, the atat spawn is removed and the map loads with no erros.

This should be a huge help. Its taken many hours to get to this information in a usable format with 10k crashes to desktop. Good luck.

I've got the Jawas playable in Mos Eisley, and I'm trying to give them blasters. Their default is a fusion cutter, and I tried to replace it with a Tusken blaster rifle. When I load up and try it out, the spawn screen says their weapon is "Tusken Cycler", but when you spawn you're holding nothing and clicking the fire button does nothing. I assume this is because their default weapon that I switched out for this isn't an actual weapon with an attack? Is there any way to get the blasters to show up and work?

Archived