Home

Newbie Seeking Information

Guest blah!

Guest blah!

Hi! I bought this game when it first came out and absolutely loved it...however, I quit playing it. But I'm back! The thing is, I never set foot in the multiplayer section of the game...for some reason I could not get the multiplayer working with Microsoft gaming zone. So I thought I would give it a shot since it seems that you guys got it working. So whats the deal here...clans? tournaments? ladder? good community? How do I get to play on a server? Are all the servers private? Any information would be greatly obliged. Thanks!

well, to play a game you just go onto the MSN Gaming Zone, go into the XWA room then choose a game to play in. You can set privacy and stuff from there.

There are many clans of varied size and ability. take a look at <a href="http://www.battlestats.com">Battlestats</a> to see quite a few of them. You can see stats from wars and upcoming events on there too.

------------------

There are things i can do, i can walk, i can sleep. But i will not put numbers in words!

Official Forum Sick Dood

OMEGA_TERROR

EPSILON_1

OMEGA_NAVY

Guest Wedgey

I've been having problems getting XWA to run properly from the Zone. Each time someone launches the game, it loads up and then just dumps me at the concourse screen instead of connecting me. I've never played XWA multiplayer so I don't know what's supposed to happen. Anyone know whats wrong?

Guest blah!

i was a little lost on the battlestats web page...where do i look for the clan listings? there arent any mods for this game are there?

mostly you should look in the zone and see who is around.

there are several types of groups

There are the cherry pickers, groups that only take in good pilots

Newbie groups: Groups that are usualyl founded by one person, and everything is based on thier Egos

IP groups, jsut a group of people that play via IP, not very exciting

Compition groups: allways competing against others, and them selves.

Zone groups, groups that normally play on thje zone, and chat, or play, but allways do more then ust play the game.

You really need to search around. If you ahve an idea on what kinda group that you want to join tell me, and i will suggest a few good groups

Guest Wedgey

I copyed my single player settings into the mp settings so it isn't that. I've got the no-CD crack on so I'll take that off and see if it helps.

------------

I reinstalled, put the 2.02 patch back on, made sure I had the same SP/MP settings and it did exactly the same thing confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Wedgey (edited July 11, 2000).]

Guest blah!

well i would of course like to be considered as a good pilot and be in a group with good pilots...i would also like to be in a good competing group...do they have individual web sites?

Blah! jsut to warn you, a group that ask you to cammand a squadron is a newbie group (no offense to corran) may i suggest you join a fully functional group before you decide.

Probly one of the better competitive groups out there for XWA is RSF or UPA both are big groups with over 100 members, and have a wel orginized system, and website

heh, most of UPA are newbies. If you are a good pilot join <a href="http://omega.clanpages.com">Omega</a>.

Wedgey: have you tried hosting a game online yourself?

------------------

"I see boundaries more clearly now than i used to, I'm better at toying with people cerebrally than i was a few years ago. I'm better at f*cking with your head." - Chino Moreno

Official Forum Sick Dood

OMEGA_TERROR

EPSILON_1

OMEGA_NAVY

Guest blah!

Originally posted by KNIGHT_FEDAYKIN:

Wedgey: have you tried hosting a game online yourself?

what kinda system requirements are needed to host a server

Guest blah!

heres the deal...the first and only multiplayer game i have ever played is 'the wheel of time'...truly a kick ass game...the multiplayer section of the game is much like ultima and quake in which you log onto the internet and a list of servers that are available to play on appears in a window in the game...it also list the how many players are on a server and what the players names are...very simple and lots of fun...i take it that this isnt quite the same?

follow me?

i play quake 3 quite often so i know how you mean. I suppose you could get somekind of tool to do that, i dont know if GameSpy supports XWA though. This is basically what MSN Zone is anyway though. Except that it is easier for you to host aswell. To host all you need is what you have already (a comp, xwa and a net connection). I have had xwa kick me out to windows or to concourse an useally just trying again works.

Go through with me what happens when you try to enter a game on the zone. You go into the room, the host launches, then what? do you get to the area to select ships? where you can talk to other players? if not it could be a connection problem, try playing someone with a green connection. If you do get this far, tell me what happens afterwards.

Archived