Home

Playing a joystick with XWA is so fun!

Guest Cloud

Guest Cloud

I just got a logitech Wingman Exetreme Digitial 3D(I been using a Propad 6 before this, which is good for JK but not that good for piloting games) today and man does it improves my accuarcy and steering! Especially in the original X-Wing. I still have to get use to it though...

Guest JC_DeadEye

So you finally broke down and bought a stick eh? hehe Yup, you'll get used to it fast though. Happy flying!

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Guest Thrawn

Cloud gets a new nickname! We'll call 'em stix now smile.gif

dude, a joystick is what the X-wing games are all about.

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Thrawn

Force Feedback: ahhhhhh phooey!=Þ

------------------

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Well to be honest with you...with the Microsoft Force Feedback "joystick", when you hyper into a region your "joystick" automatically moves forward and when your coming out of hyperspace it moves back. Also if you're flying with a convoy, and you accidently hit the hull of a ship..beleive me you feel it, in the "joystick", not to mention from laser or missile attack....someone said "phooey"?, I'd think about that if I were you, not to put down the logitech digital extreme..it's a good one too!

Guest Cloud

One thing I liked about the logitech Digitial Exetreme 3D is that you can customize the buttons. For instance, I found the hat pretty useless when you use it to look around you, however I reprogram it so I could roll left and roll right, now I can yall just like the AI!

Guest Thrawn

Force feedback is cool, but it gets boring after a while.

------------------

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest JC_DeadEye

What's annoying is when the stick "pops" and it goes limp for a few seconds. Dunno why it does it, but it's always when you have a TIE dead in your sites. smile.gif Still, I wouldn't give up my Wingman Force, and I agree about the programmable buttons. I couldn't live without them. Still, I could use more than just 9. smile.gif

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Archived